X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing Spitfire size recommendation

Hello everyone, I'm interested in purchasing a Spitfire, but not quite sure if I should get the 5'6 or 5'8. I've been surfing shortboards for the past 12 years and a strong swimmer, so I'm not looking for a beginner board, just something fun and maneuverable on those small to midsize days. I'm a little over 5'9, 166-170 lbs. Any suggestions on which size board to get, ALSO which Future 5-Fins set to purchase??? Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!

Neema i'm 5'8 170-175 lbs and ride a 5'8 FST futures spitfire...it floats and paddles well. When I sit on it the water lines up with top abdominal. I currently use EA techflex but will be switching to Jordy Smith M. I would recommend 5'8 for the small to midsize. 5'6 for the really good waves.

ALOHA!!

Comment

Agreed there with hawaiiboi Those Jordys go amazing, today I had an extremely fun session on the spit with the Jordy's L. Simce t

Comment

Because you've been surfing shortboards for 12yrs and you say you're a strong swimmer, I think you will be able to handle the 506 on those midsize days, and definitely have fun with it on the bigger days as well.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Thanks guys. I kind of wanted to get the 5'8 for small weak surf, but I found a used but spotless 5'6 spitfire at a local shop for a price I couldn't refuse. Maybe I'll get a second board for those really small days, any recommendations?

Comment

Neema Sweet or Baked potato!

ALOHA!!

Comment

Baked Potato or Potatonator. Personally I like the Potatonator a little more because it combines the DNA of the Dominator and Potato boards, creating a deadly combo for small wave shredding. BP will feel more skatey and catch waves slightly easier than the PN. Both great small wave options.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Working...
              X