Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Been a while, but I'm back... Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Been a while, but I'm back...

    Hi FW crew. Been quite a while since I was here last. perhaps 12 months, and I've been out of the water for about that long too.... :(


    I need a new board! but all the FW boards are different now and I have no idea what to get. I've posted in Spitfire forum as I currently have a 6' spitfire, and I LOVE IT. ALAS, i'm a fat bastard now, weighing in at 100kg in the skin.


    I'm Perth Metro boy (Western Australia, and by boy I mean 30yo). Average fitness, and probably dropped from an inter/advanced surfer down to intermediate (used to be able to do basic airs, floaters etc). I'll be selling my current quiver of 6' spitfire, 6'6" DD flexfire, 6'2" Rusty Hipster (old school 90's board), 6'6" fish of some description and I want to replace all of these with I guess a 1 board quiver (for now).


    70% of the time it will be surfed in 2-3' average waves. The other 30% will range from 1' crap to 4-6' perfection. I need this board to paddle very easily, fucked shoulders, plus getting older and less fit, plus not as much time in the water as I'd like. Ideally I would like a tri-quad combination (love my stretch quad fins) and futures boxes.


    If it paddled like a spitfire, held rail and speed like the flexfire, but performed OK in a wide variety of conditions I'd be stoked... I may be answering my own question here, but should I look at a Hellfire? Or are these other new boards going to be a better option for me? Also, besides a model... sizing recommendations would be appreciated.


    thanks,

    Justo!

  • #2
    Justo have have you considered a Chubby Chedda worth a read up on the forum there is one on Gumtree in Perth at the moment

    http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kalla...dda/1023840716

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Justo also have a look at the unibrow. There are olds of guys here raving about this board. It does sound like it could cover all the bases. Size wise us the calculator and adjust using your previous experience. Surf fitness will come back quick with time in the water.

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah I reckon Unibrow too. Maybe 6'6 or something?

        Comment


        • #5
          Cheers guys. I'll suss out the unibrow. Will it go ok in hollow waves? Thanks.

          Comment


          • Phill
            Phill commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah. Not the box, but normal waves she'll be fine!

        • #6
          Lol. Not planning on the box or cyclops. But north point, gas bay, boranup etc.

          Comment


          • Phill
            Phill commented
            Editing a comment
            Should be fine there. A mini driver would handle the juicy stuff better but the Unibrow will handle the smaller stuff better. Both good all rounders but there's a compromise at either end of their range.

        • #7
          The Dominator is another board you may want to consider alongside the Unibrow and CC. In order of better small wave surfing/ groveller boards to better wave/ performance driven boards, I say Dominator, then Unibrow, then CC. Because you are surfing 2-3ft. waves 70% of the time, I would consider the Dominator or Unibrow more so than the CC (Even though the CC would be great for those 4-6ft perfection days you mentioned).

          - Firewire Intern Josh

          Comment

          Working...
          X