X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you prefer it as a quad or thruster?

and i think the shop only has a 5'8 in fst. do you think i would be to tall for the board? experience wise, i reckon i'll pick it up fast

Comment

I like it as a thruster, but the quad is real fun in the right conditions.
      It's not too short for your height but it's right on the limit I'd say.
      510 would be MUCH more forgiving.

Comment

Go with your gut - punch it if its wrong

Comment

How do u know if its a old model besides the nano coat and rapid fire sticker?

Comment

The newest models have the Rapidfire logo on the deck as well as the bottom. I wouldn't worry though as there's been no changes to the model so aside from the NanoTune you won't be getting anything different.

Comment

Hey all,
              yeah nanotune is a nanotechnology that is engineered to repel water at the molecular level. By doing so it GREATLY reduces the amount of friction between your board and the ocean.

Application is easy, you will just apply a solution to the bottom of your board and allow the solution to evaporate and the nanotune is left behind.

Looking like it will be out sometime in the July timeframe...

Comment

Note new boards are shipping with nano tune and they will have a nanontune sticker...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                  Note new boards are shipping with nano tune and they will have a nanontune sticker...
                  Yep looks like beads of water on a board.

Comment

Corka, I just got a 5'10 and used it for a few sessions in the last few days. I'm 6'1 and about 85k. Float is fine but the short length is what I need to get used to. I have to be aware of my fore and aft weight distribution while paddling, riding and especially dropping in as a small shift makes more of a difference than on my 6'2 alternator. Its also key to get your back foot right back for it to really light up. Duck diving is fine for me. Am really able to lay down some gouges with all the speed I get from it! Lots of fun.

Comment

thanks for the post Roddy!

Comment

Hey prjwebb, what is a "507 Spitfire RF /Chopped Tail"???

Comment

He took his old SF and saw the tail off "a la neckbeard"

Comment

Ha yeah I sawed the diamond off into a squash. There's a photo in my profile album I believe.
                            Very fun board actually!

Comment

Interesting. How did that change the ride? Did you do the work or did you have a professional do it?

I was thinking about cutting the wings off of my Stealth to make it more of a pin for heavier waves (step up). You've given my some confidence.

Comment

I did it myself. It wasn't too tricky. It works pretty well actually, a lot of fun. Seems to have a little more instant speed and it's really loose. Too loose for the quad setup I think, but could be magic with a nubster. I was using a K2.1 set up before but found them to release too much with the sawn off tail. A hard turn would result in a half second of so of slide before the fins caught again, but switching to the K3 set up gripped things back up and it's a lot of fun even in overhead steep conditions.

If you have a Rapidfire Stealth it's something that's do-able but with the way the FST blank is built with the perimeter balsa and sandwich construction I would strongly recommend against cutting anything off that.

Comment

Working...
                                X