X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new spitfire

So I just picked up a brand new 6'4 spitfire. Now im wondering about ffins.futures to be specific. I have a set of am2 as a thruster and a set of controller quads. the old blue glass ones. Im hoping to get input on what everyone is riding in this board.... im 195 lbs... Also, kind of off topic... does anyone know what is actually in "ding all " wax remover? They dont list any ingredients anywhere. Is it ok to use this on fw's? And one more off topic... is there a method to the way fw uses different color fw logos on boards? Thanks guys...

I am floating a 5'8" Spitfire and weigh about 160 lbs. I have used AM2's but they felt too big for the waves I have been in since I got the board a few weeks ago. Also tried the Rasta Quad and F4 quad, but both felt a little sluggish. I am currently testing the V2 F4 (5 Fin) and running it as a thruster. I really like the feel of this fin set best out of the set ups I have tried. However, please note the waves have not been very good since I got this board. Mostly small, mushy or close outs. The V2 F4 does feel like it maintains speed or even gains speed in the turns. I am looking to test some Black Stix next to see if I can get even more spring out of the turns.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdperson View Post
      So I just picked up a brand new 6'4 spitfire. Now im wondering about ffins.futures to be specific. I have a set of am2 as a thruster and a set of controller quads. the old blue glass ones. Im hoping to get input on what everyone is riding in this board.... im 195 lbs... Also, kind of off topic... does anyone know what is actually in "ding all " wax remover? They dont list any ingredients anywhere. Is it ok to use this on fw's? And one more off topic... is there a method to the way fw uses different color fw logos on boards? Thanks guys...
      I am not familiar with "ding all", but I use Sticky Bumps wax remover and that works no problem.

In regard to the colors and the logos, there isn't really a method to it other than working with Tomo, LSD, and the other guys on minor logo color coordination. here are a few color ways that FW uses and cycles through.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Working...
      X