Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Could Only Have 1 Set of Future Fins....

Hi everybody. I've got a 5'10" Spitfire and I'm looking at getting another set of fins. I currently ride the Rusty quads in Southern Maine waves. This is the first board I've had that is a true quad and I love it. I've been looking at the Solus, Elevons, Rasta Quad, Controllers, and the Machados but only have the money to put into one set. All that being said, if you could only have 1 set of fins for the Spitfire what would it be?

1 vote for elevons

Comment

Machados are great so if youre happy with your quad and want to try a thruster you wont be disappointed but saying that i always prefered my spitfire as a quad... never tried a decent set of fins in it though...

Comment

I really like the V2 F4 futures in the spitty. The foil seems to give it a little more speed in the turns. So far I like the spitty with a thruster set up and I typically ride quads most of the time. The good thing about the V2 F4 is you can get it in a five fin combo and mix it up. I have run the Rasta quad, F4 quad and the AM2's in the spitty, but couldn't get any of them to work as well as the V2 F4 as a thruster. I am definitely interested In the black stix line-up and would love to hear if anyone has tried them in the spitfire.

Comment

The Solus Thruster go really nice pn that board, loose of the top, yet driver when needed. The magic is in the "hatchet" centred fin. I would definitely get a set of those for the spit

Comment

I like the stretch quad set up, fast and loose.

Comment

I would go with the EA Blackstix for sure. If you want a little more looseness and flair, go with the bamboo Machados. The Machados are a little more expensive so that's why I put the Blackstix first. The fins are almost the same so you will be stoked with either as your one set.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Tried the controllers (why does Firewire even suggest these) and the elevons. Lots of drag with the controllers, and even the full elevon quad set has a bit too much. The best setup so far are elevon front fins with inexpensive stabilizer back fins TMF-1 "knubsters." The knubsters even made the controller fronts come alive.

Comment

• Josh BL
                  Josh BL commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Finding the right fins can be tricky. Everyone has there own personal preferences and certain fins work better for some people than others. Glad you found a good setup that works for you though!

- FIJ

Trying the Elevons tomorrow with the Stretch back fins, should be fun. I usually ride the Stretch quad set-up.
                Last edited by hwork50; 02-16-2014, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• hwork50
                  hwork50 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Tried the Elevons in 1-2 maybe 3 foot waves. I think the stretch quad set is a better set for when it is small. I think i need some push with these fins.

I would also second the EAs. Great all round template.

Comment

I second the solus fins. I have had those fins for 3 years and they were magic in my alternator and absolutely turn the spitfire into a magic carpet. I usually ride quads but the Solus fins are a game changer in the spitty.

Comment

Working...
                  X