X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spitfire Size and size

Trying to get Size and fin set up for this. I am 6"0" 175. Advance intermediate. Thinking about the FST as a 5"8 or 5"6. I think the 5"8. Looking to grovel to head high, surfing mostly San Diego beachbreaks and occasional soft reef breaks. Also looking for a future fin setup as a quad or 5 fin set. Any feedback would be great. Thanks

Welcome to the forum. I'm 6'0" 170-175 intermediate surfer and I have a 5'10" Spit and it feels perfect for me. I'm surfing the Northeast so I haven't surfed my Spitfire without any rubber. If I didn't wear a wetsuit 12 months out of the year here I'd probly get a 5'8". Personal preference for you really, I love the added volume when I've got a hood, boots, and gloves on and it's freezing. I picked up the Rusty 5-fin set and love the quad setup but didn't care for it as a thruster. Throw in a nubster when it's head high+ and don't slide out of bottom turns. Good luck and enjoy.

Comment

If you're looking to grovel with the Addvance at the low end of your range, then go with the 508 - it will be easier to catch waves for you. When it gets a little bigger, you will then also benefit from the length to get you into waves more efficiently.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Working...
      X