X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spitfire vs. Piranha

Hey Guys. Long time listener, 1st time caller. I used to ride a 6'4" thruster shortboard as my daily driver with a 6'0" 7s Super Fish for the small days. Then I discovered my 6'0" Rusty Piranha and my world changed and that's basically all that I ride now. I love that board. But I really want to try a Spitfire as I've heard so many great things about them. Question: what size would be ideal for me??? My first thought is to go with the 6'0", but maybe that's too much foam?

FYI, I'm a decent surfer and have been doing it for a long time. I typically surf beach breaks in So Cal (north SD). I'm about 205 and 6'0" tall.

Thanks!!

Hey big hamma,
    do you have a rough idea what the volume of the piranha is?

Based on your height and weight, i am thinking the 604 or 606 would be a good starting point. Have a look at the dims and see what you think!

Comment

6'4" as well

Comment

I think the newer Activator will look real close to the Pirahna, (being is a double wing swallow) my perception is that the Activator will turn tighter than the Spitfire. but I have never ridden either one, just the dominator which is said identicle to both the Spitfire and Activator from the fins forward..

Comment

i think, from my memory of the piranha, the Activator will have a little more curve. Whether or not that translates into usability in substantially different waves, I am not sure. I do know that it spices up a Dominator quite a bit, despite having a bit of a retro look to it!

Comment

You should be able to demo one somewhere? No?

Comment

Chris does the Activator have little more rocker it in than the dom ? ( I thought they were the same from the fins forward on outline, just having the tail the difference from the Dominator built on the same platform but with a double-wing swallow tail configuration.

Comment

Big Hamma, hows DMJ and oceanside been ... miss those spots.

Comment

Hey Fritz, the dom and the activator have comparable rockers, but the adjustment to overall nose/tail shape have an influence of the board's overall performance!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X