Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in Bali and currently working offshore in Trinidad.
    Will be back in Bali in 2 weeks and will check the futures set up I have as a quad.
    I tried the recommended quad setup and it worked ok, then changed the front fins and that made a big big difference(cannot remember the fins).
    Now the 5'8" spit as a quad is the fastest,loosest and most fun board I have ever ridden.
    BUT have not been able to get it going as a thruster, it just gets to the bottom and stops/bogs. And then you cop it.
    Will invest in some more thruster fins, but love is so much as a quad does not matter.
    This board is an indo must have

I am 5'6" 80kg 48yrs intermediate surfer
    think of buying 6'0" Hellfire and 6'5" HellRazor

please see below photo, somewhere in indo
    Last edited by Wayde; 03-25-2012, 08:40 PM.

Comment

That's the call!!! I'm 84Kgs and have a 6'0" hellfire and find it borderline over volumed for me!!!
      Buddy that shot is pure perfection

Comment

secret spot
        nobody out
        That was the set of the day, steamrolled thru. Trimaran is a nice way to go surfing

What about the Hellrazor 6'5" as the stepup?
        Last edited by Wayde; 03-26-2012, 12:53 AM.

Comment

6'3"?

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
            6'3"?
            My vote too, if you are on a 6'0 HF.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayde View Post
              I live in Bali and currently working offshore in Trinidad.
              Will be back in Bali in 2 weeks and will check the futures set up I have as a quad.
              I tried the recommended quad setup and it worked ok, then changed the front fins and that made a big big difference(cannot remember the fins).
              Now the 5'8" spit as a quad is the fastest,loosest and most fun board I have ever ridden.
              BUT have not been able to get it going as a thruster, it just gets to the bottom and stops/bogs. And then you cop it.
              Will invest in some more thruster fins, but love is so much as a quad does not matter.
              Put in some FAMT (robber) fins which have larger side fins and a smaller trailer and you'll get the drive to keep powering through your turns.
              If you like them you can buy another trailer fin and run it as a quad too.
              While we're at it, a thruster set up will need more back foot pressure than a quad. Basic I know but I'd be looking at your feet to make sure you're not standing too far forward (especially easy to do on your backhand).
              Last edited by cuttlefish; 03-27-2012, 02:57 AM.

Comment

has anybody tried the deviant fin in the spitfire, hellfire or hellrazor?

Comment

in the hellfire it makes it turn like butter...it makes any board turn like butter...heavier guys will find it more use in wider tails...lighter guys in anything...

Comment

my 12 yo grom (after being dragged out and pushed on) loves my 510hf with futures ea techflex and the deviant.....in micro waves so did i.....(i didn't need pushing on..but it would of helped..!!)

Comment

Hahaha.

Yeah I loved it backhand in the Spitfire. Sticking it in my Sub next time I use it.

Comment

Originally posted by core personal training View Post
                        my 12 yo grom (after being dragged out and pushed on) loves my 510hf with futures ea techflex and the deviant.....in micro waves so did i.....(i didn't need pushing on..but it would of helped..!!)
                        ;);)

Comment

when you guys going to start making snowboards??Attachment
                          Attached Files

Comment

They make kiteboards!

Comment

I can say with 99.99% certainty that we will never make snowboards. Get after some arbor sticks. I have seen a bunch up in their show room. Epic.

Comment

pity, would be interesting.
                                Just back from 5 weeks interior BC. Got a LibTech Snowmullet 156, loves pow. Then got talked into a Burton Nug 150 and I am a burton disliker.
                                The Nug is everything, park, groomer, deep pow.

Comment

Working...
                                X