X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love as a quad, as thruster feels like dead fish

I got 5'8" Spitfire and it is amazingly so much fun. I only ride as a quad.
    Have given a couple of friends a wave on it and then have a lot of trouble getting it back!
    I have tried with a few setups as a thruster and every time it just feels like a dead fish...
    What is a good thruster setup for Indo only??

FCS or FUTURES?

Comment

FCS I like the K3 set in performance core or the MRTFX twins with the Slater rear fin.

Comment

Futures, I would say the FEA Blackstix are great...

Comment

Yeah I have a 5'8" spitfire and I would let my friend use it some in the winter only because i was to busy, so whenever i would surf it it was a thruster because thats what my friend changed it to. I could not figure out why but when i would go for a turn it would bog down and I could not gain speed at all, so i switched it to quad and it works wonders now.... Everything flows and Ive been doing some of the biggest turns i have ever done before.

Comment

Solus s thruster
            Elevon as quad

Getting my hands on a Clay Marzo's very soon!!

Comment

If its working that well as a quad, don't fix what isn't broken. That's my opinion!

Comment

Have futures
                And it does that bog down as a thruster, will try the FEA Blackstixlike.
                Best board I have ever owned by far and like it so much as a quad, don't fix what isn't broken.
                But if can get it to work as a thruster can not imagine how much fun the sf will be.
                Tanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by Wayde View Post
                  Have futures
                  And it does that bog down as a thruster, will try the FEA Blackstixlike.
                  Best board I have ever owned by far and like it so much as a quad, don't fix what isn't broken.
                  But if can get it to work as a thruster can not imagine how much fun the sf will be.
                  Tanks for the help
                  Love the SOLUS. The centre hatchet makes is zoo loose off the top!!!. Very maneuverable yet controlled

Comment

Hated this board as a quad, too stiff, turns where too resistive - Changed to a thruster yesterday - Attachment Had an awesome 2nd run on the spit yesterday - slighty overhead hollow long long barrells check it out - got to say very little difference in relation to the dom - pic is our local, long hollow lefts - my favourite break in the world
                    Attached Files

Comment

very, very nice

Comment

Originally posted by surferireland View Post
                        Hated this board as a quad, too stiff, turns where too resistive ...
                        there are definitely some stiff quad fins but there are some loose ones too, which ones did you use?

Comment

Slowman - I used the Standard SF4's that come with the board - I find the sweet potato fine as a quad (just as well as there no other option) but the dominator or spitfire as a quad i dont get on with.

Comment

so let me know please, which thruster fins are you using???

I would tell you my quad setup BUT i am 2 weeks away from my favorite board. and being 48yrs do not have a memory anymore

Comment

Ireland, interesting, well that sinks my theory that bigger/heavier surfers suit quads better. Both you and Core feel that you lose too much looseness whereas my experience is nothing like that. I tried some SF4s in a different quad board (Stretch F4) and really didn't like them much though they were the plastic ones (never found one I like yet in plastic) and they were loose but had no drive at all. Ended up I didn't really like that board much either and went back to my thruster.

Comment

Working...
                              X