X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a Nano so what about a spit or dom

Ok after a while not ridding FWs I bought a VG sick little thing now I was thinking Nano to compliment but to much cross over and then I thought a spit or dom why not. I had a dom years ago so over volumed as i didn't understand how volume thing work when bought it. So for small fat messy days which one. VG now 5'8. Don't want a pure stocked. I was thinking the 5'11 dom now on offer. But for I need the spit performance. But do I need dom for easy ridding in crap surf. Can you ride both boards in same stuff. Cant believe going back to first boards off the rack.

hey Seabass what do you weigh again?

Comment

Chris I weight about 83kgs. I feel 34L is my max grovel and 31L is my good wave board.

Comment

I seriously think a potato of some kind, or DA by the looks/sounds of it. I can vouch for the pots, great line for what your describing.

Comment

aurfalien, I don't want a potato type board, I had a SP and i found when i came off it it really messed up my surfing on a reg board or hybrid for a session or two espically if i rode it for a week. Thats why i am after something to grovel but not a potato so i am guessing its a Dom.

Comment

Seabass have a look at a DA its really a unibrow for small surf I didnt get on with the potato range either but the DA is different, after surfing one for a while now im considering getting a unibrow to take over once the swell gets too big for the DA

Comment

ONeal, thanks how does it grovel? and what sort or wave does it like, fat slow or sucky punchy, and what have you comfortably ridden it up to, and final your weight and size board, I am 83kgs so assume i go a 5'10.

thanks bloke

Comment

that depends on your interpretation of grovel. I live on the Sunshine coast so our surf is softer than yours. Iv e ridden it in soft waste high and it was fun felt really loose and free iv e ridden it in low tide shoulder high to a little over head clean fast sucky waves breaking over a shallow sand bank were you have to paddle across the wave and take off sideways was real fun fast with good hold but loose enough to do what you want ive ridden it in knee high shit and it went OK. Im an old fart 56 years so I like a bit of volume 88kgs on a 6'2" Its my lowest volume board, 37ish L my other boards are 39L I demoed a 5'8" in wast high, caught waves ok but i needed more volume. Its great in small surf but not an ubber groveller I use it up to nano size although after comparing it to a unibrow im thinking of pairing it with a uni

Comment

Decided to go a 5'10, Spit, if the Dom and Spit paddle the same, they should grovel the same, people say(on here) there is little differance between them and most guys seem to talk the spit up more then the Dom, so the spit it is.

Comment

It's a workhorse of a surfboard that has tremendous versatility, I'm sure you're going to be stoked.

Comment

Working...
                    X