Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

phill's a whippet...the 7'6 would be a SUP..!!!

good stuff there ireland....and i spose prj too..!!..need mine now...the bigger brother to phill's...7'8 x 20 1/2 x 4
    Last edited by core personal training; 03-16-2012, 02:07 PM. Reason: kant spel good

Comment

Hahaha. Did you go 6'0" or 6'2" on the MB Dave? I want to compare outlines with the 6'0".

Comment

thicker 602...hope not too much foam...but my backs feeling old at the moment and i'm surfing open beachbreaks...so takeoffs are not the clean sucky drops i'm used to...need something that the lip/whitewash wont drive under water as i get up...hopefully wont be too boaty down the line...not gone to sprayer yet so hopefully next week..

Comment

picture when it arrives man, havent seen one in the flesh

Comment

will do..it'll be interesting to compare performance to phills...they should act in a similar fashion for our different weights

Comment

hows this for different priorities....i was looking at irelands spit/spud pic earlier, caressing the rails in my mind, and the wife looks at it and immediately zero's in on the coffee machine..!!..before that i didn't even notice the boards were in a kitchen..!!

Comment

Originally posted by surferireland View Post
                Attachment Attachment - 6 inches makes all difference - Spitfire looks quite virginal - while the spud looks like its been round the block a few times
                Wow, can't surf without a pad!,
                Time to change the wax on that potato... it does actually look like a potato freshly harvested jejee!!!;)
                Attached Files

Comment

Flithy little thing, just had a great surf on it, 2ft off shore - went the beach and brought the whole family and all I had room for was the 5'4 so I chucked it, what a good move - Yes my coffee machine awesome

Attachment
                  Attached Files

Comment

i like the potato wax.

Comment

Im becoming a fan of the wax over the tail pad, lets me get right to the back of the board uninterupted

Comment

Hey surferireland, I noticed you are about the same weight as me (I'm actually 83-84kg atm) and I've ordered the 6' spit recently. How do you find it volume wise for paddling, d.diving, turns etc...I'm 6' tall..
                        Could have gone 5'10?..
                        The more I go on this forum the more I think I've gone too big!
                        I'm staying away after this!!!

Comment

84Kgs, surf a 5'8" spit,no complaints here.If you want an ease of paddle look towards the 5'10"

Comment

I'm 5'11 and 185lbs and had a 5'10 Spit for about a year and loved it but I always had a little doubt in my mind that I should have gone for the 6' as I surf rubbish waves most of the time I think the extra volume wouldn't be a bad thing, also I tend to get a bit lazy durring flat spells!! so any extra help.

I did have some cracking surfs on my 5'10 though, I dont think there is too much between the to boards really
                            Last edited by benny81; 04-03-2012, 09:33 AM.

Comment

good stuff 2ft.

I think its worth noting that there normally are at least 2 boards that will work in any given model range for a customer, with the ideal board being the one that meets the most personal preferences...

Comment

Would be keen to hear what surferireland has to say about going up a size in boards....

Comment

Working...
                                X