Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one junky, that has put my mind at rest more than any other comment I've read. I'm also a wee bit taller (185cm) than you which may suit the 6' a bit more too...
    Good stuff!

Comment

I've got the chance to buy a used Spitfire either a 5'10 RF or 6' FST, as my previous post above I had the 5'10 before and loved it but I buckled it and sold it and never replaced it, now there is one on ebay going cheap but repaired and quite used or I know someone in london with a FST used for a two week holiday only and less than a year old but 370 delivered which I think is fair. I'm keen on the FST as like I said I would like to go up a size to see the differnce really. Got a 5'8 P'Nator on order but not in my hands untill june so need something for now and up coming trip!???

Comment

Originally posted by 2ftandjunky View Post
        I've got the chance to buy a used Spitfire either a 5'10 RF or 6' FST, as my previous post above I had the 5'10 before and loved it but I buckled it and sold it and never replaced it, now there is one on ebay going cheap but repaired and quite used or I know someone in london with a FST used for a two week holiday only and less than a year old but 370 delivered which I think is fair. I'm keen on the FST as like I said I would like to go up a size to see the differnce really. Got a 5'8 P'Nator on order but not in my hands untill june so need something for now and up coming trip!???
        Ebay is always a lottery since you can't acutally see the board. The actuakl condition of the board is hard to determine. If there was dings, how were they repaired, was the board perfectly dried before repairing... quite a few things to consider.
        Looks to me that the 6'0" is a good option and it will be right up your alley as far as flotation goes, and the price is quite fair, and on top of anything if you know the owner... well is a no brainer for a little trip board
        Last edited by iggy; 04-09-2012, 07:28 PM.

Comment

i am kind of afraid to use ebay for anything...let alone surf boards.

Comment

Originally posted by crazylegs View Post
            Hey surferireland, I noticed you are about the same weight as me (I'm actually 83-84kg atm) and I've ordered the 6' spit recently. How do you find it volume wise for paddling, d.diving, turns etc...I'm 6' tall..
            Could have gone 5'10?..
            The more I go on this forum the more I think I've gone too big!
            I'm staying away after this!!!
            The 6'0 makes life that bit easier, easier to get into the wave is where you find the main difference. Once on the wave there isnt much between them, in small surf you notice that the 6'0 floats over sections with ease but it isnt as radical as the 5'10, if you know what i mean. Duck diving isnt an issue in either size. 5'10 is easier to pull 360's on.Ive had better airs on the 6'0 as Ive been able to generate more speed on it.

Comment

Funny that "cores" wife noticed the coffee machine, my 5 year old son saw the potato and said "what happened to that firewire Dad? Was it in a fire?"

Gotta love that magic wax!

Comment

SP is gone, got a p,nator coming my way, oh yea .

Comment

yeeeew... i'm wearing down the wife for one of those....should be successful by 2015

Comment

Originally posted by core personal training View Post
                    yeeeew... i'm wearing down the wife for one of those....should be successful by 2015
                    Get it as a "gift for her"... honey I decided this year I'm getting you into surfing!!! ;)

Comment

Just looking at surferireland's boards. Beautiful. But I noticed they dont have vents.Arent they are FST? I thought it was just rapidfire that didnt have them?

Comment

All the newer FST models are ventless. Have been since 2011 I think.

Comment

Thanks prjwebb. Thats interesting to know. Im in the market for a 6.2 spit and looking at some board shop websites they still show them with vents. I guess thats just a website update thing though.

Comment

Yeah most probably

Comment

Yeah the Spitfire never had a vent so it's just early photoshop mock ups I think. Some of the images even have the rapidfire logo on the bottom of the FST boards.

Comment

Working...
                              X