X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spitfire LFT vs. Future Shapes Technology

Can anyone provide either some feedback or explanation between a Spitfire with LFT vs. FST? Has anyone ridden a Spitfire with LFT?

the LFT is going to be more lively and springy under foot. It's slightly higher performance, however it is only slightly more durable than a standard surfboard.

The FST is the strongest variant. Parabolic stringers give a good flex pattern, and the deck and bottom skins give excellent durability. Not as high performance as the LFT, but not much in it. FST is also going to be $100-$200 more expensive..

Comment

Any reason not to go LFT?

Comment

if you want more durability get the FST. If you want higher performance, go for the LFT.

Personally, I only ride the FST and TT boards now. I like the durability, and honestly I'm no pro, so can't tell a massive difference between FST and RF/LFT. The rails and bottom on LFT are going to be the same as a regular PU board in terms of durability. The deck will be much stronger though.

Comment

only if durability is your prime concern.. having said that, lft and rapidfire before it are CONSIDERABLY stronger than a pu/pe board. i ride them by choice. ding resistance is lower than fst but still more resilient than pu/pe. had my vanguard lft out in a double over head slab 2 days ago with 4 ft thick lips.. only made 2 waves, the rest the board (and i) got nailed.. i do this all the time..a pu/pe would be demolished..

Comment

FST calls out 1lb. EPS and LFT calls out 1.5lb EPS? Any difference in volume between the two?

Comment

It's just the density of the foam. Volume will be identical.

Comment

Working...
              X