Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6'6 Spitfire FCS Quad suggestions

Hi All

Just thought Id see what fins you guys may be using. Ive read the other post on this and seems like the GAMS or R2's could be OK, but thought Id throw it out there anyway before I go blow some cash and get something that may not work too well either.
    Im 93kg Beg/Int with a 6'6 Spitfire. Been riding the Indo Fins Controllers but finding it doesnt turn off the top all that well. So I tryed M7 fronts and Stretch S4 rears but that felt a bit.. well... wierd too, very little drive and stiff.

So any other suggestions greatly appreciated

Thruster! ;)

If thruster PC7 or GAM are good picks.

Comment

Hey Jynxz,

I ride a 6'6" spit as well mainly as a quad. If you have FCS I find the Soar powerbase fins in DLs front & DMs rear quad system does the trick for me!

Prjwebb wrote a good thread on them under Fin Talk (other fin builders) in this forum.

You can get them in 3 flex patterns to suit your style & the waves you are aiming to ride, for me they feel as one with the board, great drive, flex & a good amount of release when you need it!

I run the Electraflex (most flexy) but have also bought a thruster set of DXLs in Armour flex (stiffer flex) for the bigger days ahead in winter (I hope)!

Its a headach looking for fins that suit but as they always say here fins are a very individual thing, whatever you get hope they & you rip!

Comment

Yes Gumby! Another Powerbase convert. I got my new C4 Ceramic DLs this morning, they look the business. Lighter than I was expecting and really stiff in the base with a very tight flex in the tips. They'll be sick in good waves.
        I'm tempted to try some DSs as quad rears.

Comment

+1 for the powerbase fins. Phill sold me a pair and iv been running my spit with 2 front DLs and 2 SF4 back fins for a bit now and it goes great! Really good fins, really secure, I noticed after a surf once the SF4s had slightly moved whereas the soars where in exactly the same position, so id say they are much better than FCS in that regard. Phill next time you order some I might be up for going in with you to save on shipping costs.

Comment

Id never heard of Powerbase fins until now, but they do look good. I reckon definately the way to go from all the recommendations. Considering possibly DXL - DMs as Im a bit heavier than you Gumby.

Comment

I'll give you a mail when the next order is going in!

Originally posted by Will. View Post
              +1 for the powerbase fins. Phill sold me a pair and iv been running my spit with 2 front DLs and 2 SF4 back fins for a bit now and it goes great! Really good fins, really secure, I noticed after a surf once the SF4s had slightly moved whereas the soars where in exactly the same position, so id say they are much better than FCS in that regard. Phill next time you order some I might be up for going in with you to save on shipping costs.

Comment

Prj, I'll be interested to hear how the ceramics go! Almost went there but decided to try the armourflex instead, I have ordered a couple of Ds side bites for my quad set up will let you know how they go compared to the Dms as rears once they arrive and meet the pacific!

Comment

Do you reckon DXLs with Ds rears would work? The DMs as rears do look a bit big to me!

Comment

Jynxz, The Dms work fine as rears I have been using them for a while now they give you plenty of drive/hold in good waves, the guys from Soar state that the DSs will give you a looser feel and suggest they might be the ticket for smaller waves. I'm ordering the DSs side bites to throw in when the surfs not so good! Check out the Soar Powerbase website it gives you an insight into their fins!

Comment

I'd like to hear how DL fronts and DS rears go in the Sweet Potato!

Comment

Prj, Unfortunately my spud is FUTURES & all my other boards + my power base fins are FCS. Will let you know how different combos go on the spit & hellfire down the line!

Comment

Ah ok. Thanks, appreciate it.

Comment

DXLs DMs Armours on order now, will let you know how they work out and thanks again!

Comment

You'll be stoked. They are such good fins, I don't put anything else in my boards since trying them.

Comment

Working...
                              X