Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to prjwebb - when you say K3 setup on the SF - is that as a quad or thruster...?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben8256 View Post
      to prjwebb - when you say K3 setup on the SF - is that as a quad or thruster...?

Ben i think he uses them as thrusters. Don't get too excited about buying K3's though as they are pretty much identical to the M5/PC5 but without the inside foil. I learn't the hard way!

Comment

PC5 and K3 overlay comparison. To be precise the K3 has a little less in the trailing edge, but that's about it.
        I found the black K3's very stiff too, would probably recommend the white plastic as i imagine they have a bit of twang out of turns.

Attachment
        Attached Files

Comment

Yeah a lot less tip that the PC5. I had them in the carbon mesh PC construction. Those black fibreglass ones as super stuff and crazy heavy.
          I found the K3 had more drive and more predictable release than PC5s although to be truthful I haven't surfed that template for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
            I had them in the carbon mesh PC construction.
            Sounds like there's too much money flying around down west, my fin budget is usually plastic fantastic all the way!

Comment

Hahaha. I buy all my fins second-hand, and from the US often so they never cost too much. That way I can usually sell them on and get my money back pretty easily.
              But yeah, I don't waste money going on the piss and partying etc anymore, I drive a shit car and I'd rather spend my money on good boards, fins and surf trips!

Comment

Hahaha. I buy all my fins second-hand, and from the US often so they never cost too much. That way I can usually sell them on and get my money back pretty easily.
                But yeah, I don't waste money going on the piss and partying etc anymore, I drive a shit car and I'd rather spend my money on good boards, fins and surf trips!
                Yeah i get that, funny how every time you go to spend money on something it's comparable with a surfing item. I bought my hellrazor instead of fixing my car, the pay out with that is i have to cycle 150 miles a week...i live 200 yards from the beach so no big deal. Parents cars drive better anyway!

Comment

Yeah, I'm exactly like that. Guys I'm mates with that go out 2-3 times a week blowing 50+ a night... I'm justing shaking my head thinking that'd be a new board in less than a month.

A bit of cycling wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't constantly raining! Speaking of which, my MOT is due. Doh!

Comment

Second that. I just use the SF4 fins and switch them around for quad or thurster, here on the south coast its just wind swell anyway

Comment

Yeah, I'm exactly like that. Guys I'm mates with that go out 2-3 times a week blowing 50+ a night... I'm justing shaking my head thinking that'd be a new board in less than a month.

A bit of cycling wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't constantly raining! Speaking of which, my MOT is due. Doh!
                      I play it this way...

Aldi white wine 2.99, couple of bottles a week with the missus 6
                      OR
                      Asda aston manor cider 1.49, couple of bottles a week with the missus 3

Firewire surfboard 500...price doesn't come in to it, keep the tech and tail pad the same, missus doesn't know any better and still gets some booze each week!

Comment

Originally posted by benny81 View Post
                        Second that. I just use the SF4 fins and switch them around for quad or thurster, here on the south coast its just wind swell anyway
                        Benny, how far up the great England/France divide are you?

Comment

Haha yeah got to get your prioritys staight!

I'm in Wittering mate, sunny sussex!

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                            I play it this way...

Aldi white wine 2.99, couple of bottles a week with the missus 6
                            OR
                            Asda aston manor cider 1.49, couple of bottles a week with the missus 3

Firewire surfboard 500...price doesn't come in to it, keep the tech and tail pad the same, missus doesn't know any better and still gets some booze each week!
                            Haha good thinking regarding the tech and tail pad, I'll have to keep that in mind!

Comment

Good idea. I keep a cash reserve from all my craigslist sales to make craigslist purchases. Totally untraceable.

Comment

I thought I was the only one that had to cover their tracks!

Comment

Working...
                                X