Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha yeah I'm usually pretty careful with mine. The Spitfire is now my beater board for days like that so we'll see how it handles some more abuse!

Comment

Watch out man tourist season starts end of this week...i find they do more damage than rocks!

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean. I avoid main beaches where possible this time of year. Waves have been so bad it hasn't really mattered so far!

Comment

septembers not too far off now, I think we are owed some decent waves by then,

im spending the summer vanning around spain and france, still crowded but better chances with the weather right

Comment

I was tempted to do a France mission but now contemplating saving as much as I can until next May and doing a Maldives trip. Everyone on here having already been is making me jealous!

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
              I was tempted to do a France mission but now contemplating saving as much as I can until next May and doing a Maldives trip. Everyone on here having already been is making me jealous!
              prj that is a sold plan, I think may will be a good time of year to go, defo follow through with that plan

im a teacher so i have a mandatory 6 weeks off, i think living cheap in a van for 6 weeks will equate to a similar amount of money as staying at home for 6 weeks (once iv paid for the petrol to get down there)

Comment

Yeah France will be ideal once you're there. I've been looking into all the options of getting there recently. Was working out around 700 inc fuel for Plymouth Roscoff and around the 1200 zone for Santander crossing. Pretty steep! Seems cheaper the further you drive and if you've got 6 weeks time is on your side!
                Not sure how much the tunnel is?

Comment

Those were peak season return prices by the way.

Comment

always cheaper dover-calais or dover - dunquirk in my experience, but far less convenient for you as you have to spend time and petrol getting to dover

im going saturday and coming back in 6 weeks so very peak times, 101 pounds return! (dover-calais) - not too bad. Petrol will probably cost me around 200 to get down there and 200 back again in a van, but thats split between 2 so pretty cheap really (might be able to avoid toll roads with a bit more time), then day to day diesel and food

Did it in a car in June for about 250 for the week staying in hossegor campsite based on 2 sharing incl everything (food included)

as a surfer you are constantly weighing off costs of everything in life against surf trips or surfboards. Last summer i talked myself out of a trip abroad and stayed in europe to justify my purchase of a sweet potato instead of a long all flight :) i wonder what il trade off against the cost of a hellfire or something other amazingly tempting surfboard

Comment

tunnel was at least twice the ferry btw, have done it before though and in october for example it can be a similar price, its very quick and theres little queuing

Comment

Working...
                      X