Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost stealth or Dominator

Brothers,
    Iam 5'11", 186lbs, 43 yrs old. Out of surfing for 10 yrs. Started back last fall. Having trouble catching waves with my old 6'2" potatoechip thin board. When waves are powerful board still works good. But when weak or just average I'am getting in wave to late. I really like the stealth but some say the dominator is better for daily east coast surf. Looking at 6'4" st or 6'2
    ' dom. Any advice would be greatful.

well first off, i think the dominator DEFINITELY is a better model to get you up and running in average surf. The stealth is decent, but its pretty refined. for someone who hasn't surfed for the better part of a decade, I think the dominator is way more user friendly.

since you already have a good wave board, going ith the dominator will give you more flexibility in the smaller stuff.....maybe even the potatonator..... think 604 Dom or 600/602 potatonator.....

cheers

Comment

you on topsail island?? my family has a place down there (surf city)... go dom

Comment

thanks for the advice. I'll be getting new board very soon.

Comment

yes surfed there since i was 12. house near queens grant. thanks for the input

Comment

Yup Dom 6'4" for some extra paddle help

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
              Yup Dom 6'4" for some extra paddle help
              iggy, thanks for the advice. looks like dom 100%.

Comment

had some real good sess's off sc pier in august down there.. dom went great.

Comment

Ive had both boards. 6' Stealth and 5'8 Dom. Ended up keeping the Dom as it was just easier to surf in everyday conditions. The Stealth sort of liked better waves and was real fun in good waves, but around here thats not too often. Buy accordingly...

Comment

yeah agree with SDsurf's opinion.

Cheers

Comment

Chris, after many hrs of research and debate I have fallen in love with the spitfire. My old 6'2" has a volume of 25. As I stated before I can still surf this board but only in Good waves. I think the 6'2" sf will give me plenty of extra float for average surf. Do you agree, if so what is a good fin set up for this board in 2'-5' surf. I'am 186lbs. Surfing style(cut backs,hitting the lip,roundhouses)not much on 360's, aerials or that type stuff. Thanks for your expert advice.

Comment

Maybe the 6'0" would be worth considering too.

Are you getting Futures or FCS fin set up?

Comment

85kgs here and ride the 5'8" spit
                          Agreed with prj, you should take a look at the 6'0" as well

Comment

More than likely fcs, my surf shop has a much better selection of these.

Comment

I really like the K3 PC fins in the spit.

Comment

Working...
                              X