Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big tail though.

Comment

Hey Prjwebb, is that a SOMA bag???.
      Eager to try that board at some point. Have a friend who really swears for it

Comment

Yeah Soma bag. Gotta keep the quiver safe!
        Definitely give one a try Iggy. Great fun board!

Comment

Originally posted by buzzy View Post
          Big tail though.
          which is y a v would be even more helpful to get the board on rail easier

Comment

...Lost also make a Sub Scorcher Pro or something that doesn't have the V but as a slightly different tail shape I think.

Comment

Here's the tail with a ruler over the rear fin box. At the very end of the tail it is flat. Concave increases further down the board.
              http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/...n/IMG_0425.jpg

Comment

yeah thats no vee. thanks prj

Comment

Hi all,

like prj already said and showed with his photo, the FST Sub Scorchers tail has a minimal V if any. Definitely much less than the PU version of it. As for the fear of being hard to turn because of lack of V and the width of a tail - no need to worry it turns just fine.
                  It's true i didn't have a session where i'd do a lot of turns to really test it out yet but i did lay it into a tight cutback twice and gotta say it turns like a shortboard. My fear with choosing a small wave board was exactly the same being worried the wide tail of small wave boards wouldn't let me turn very well and that it would just slide too much. That was the reason i chose Sub Scorcher over Spitfire and i am really glad i did so.
                  So far this board seems to be much closer to shortboard in terms of it's feel and riding possibilities.
                  When i'll get a chance to try it our again i'll most definitely write here but i guess that won't happen so soon as the forecast here doesn't shown any signs of possible waves nearby for at least a week.

Comment

Originally posted by primoz View Post
                    Hi all,

like prj already said and showed with his photo, the FST Sub Scorchers tail has a minimal V if any. Definitely much less than the PU version of it. As for the fear of being hard to turn because of lack of V and the width of a tail - no need to worry it turns just fine.
                    It's true i didn't have a session where i'd do a lot of turns to really test it out yet but i did lay it into a tight cutback twice and gotta say it turns like a shortboard. My fear with choosing a small wave board was exactly the same being worried the wide tail of small wave boards wouldn't let me turn very well and that it would just slide too much. That was the reason i chose Sub Scorcher over Spitfire and i am really glad i did so.
                    So far this board seems to be much closer to shortboard in terms of it's feel and riding possibilities.
                    When i'll get a chance to try it our again i'll most definitely write here but i guess that won't happen so soon as the forecast here doesn't shown any signs of possible waves nearby for at least a week.
                    good stuff. love the feedback as always. yeah flat and getting coooold here.. just walked the dog my feet are frozen 18 with windchill

Comment

heard the sub has a lil more tail rocker then the pu version as opposed to having the v

Comment

guys i don't have a lot of feedback here, I haven;t handled a whole lot PU subs to compare...

Comment

I put it maybe 2 cm in front of the plug

Comment

Working...
                          X