Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub Scorcher review

Hello

I picked up my new 6 foot sub last week and immediately feel that this is the best board I have surfed. I moved down from a 6 foot Spit, which I surfed for about 2 years. The sub picks up waves almost aswell as the Spit but allows you do do so much more and is faster in comparison so I am making more sections. I reckon I could of gone shorter but then I would of sacrificed wave catching. In summary the board is awesome and easy to use and now I look foward to decent surf even more than I used to!

Stu

i like ur style. never sacrifice wave count.....

Comment

I would totally agree there Stu. I also have a sub and love this board. I ride its in a 508 and it catches eaves with ease as long as there is a bit of shape to it. I tend to surf mine in better conditions as I feel the board excels.
      Shoulder to head high walling points it's just the best small enough to chuck about carries speed over dead sections and is snappy out of turns.
      It's become my daily driver no more Hpsb for me.
      I really like the look of the SS 2 with the V tail it's a shame Fw don't jump on that shape.

Comment

Originally posted by pmorgan View Post
        I really like the look of the SS 2 with the V tail it's a shame Fw don't jump on that shape.
        The FW sub is actually more like the SS2 in that neither has any V. The original PU Sub Scorcher did have some V out the tail.
        Below from the Lost website-
        Sub-Scorcher II

We removed all off the Sub-Scorcher’s trademark ¼”vee from the last 6” of the tail (therefore increased the rocker about 1/8” and lowering the rail-line 1/8”)....

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Ndevon!! stoked it is working out for you.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge View Post
            The FW sub is actually more like the SS2 in that neither has any V. The original PU Sub Scorcher did have some V out the tail.
            Below from the Lost website-
            Sub-Scorcher II

We removed all off the Sub-Scorcher’s trademark ¼”vee from the last 6” of the tail (therefore increased the rocker about 1/8” and lowering the rail-line 1/8”)....
            Sorry Sarge I meant swallow tail. I have had this tail in an Simon Anderson quad and loved how the board rode. A sub scorcher as it is with a swallow tail option would be the perfect board.

Comment

Working...
            X