X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub scorch sizing

Hey my standard board is a 6'4 taj I'm 6'0 180lbs after my 5 mill suit and am intermediate ability. For knee to head high semi mush to punchy beach break can someone tell me if the sub scorch sounds good? If so I'm thinking 510 or 600..

hey Jneve,
    if 180 is AFTER your suit, go 510 all day!!

It may feel a little small at first, but you will be happy you went that route after you have had the bard for a while.

Cheers and hope this helps!

Comment

I ended up picking up a 510 Dom because the waves are hardly 1ft and it's going great from 1 to 6 ft, probably could have even gone 508... I'm riding a 510dom and a 602 alternator not the 2'1/2 size. The 2'3/8 one. And I would like a fun board to fit in between as somewhat of an all arounder thinking 600 stealth or 510 sub I don't know if those are good sizes or which is a better board though

Comment

I'd go Sub. I think the Stealth will overlap with the Alternator more.

Comment

Hmm if I'm 180 after suit you really think the 510 scorch looks good not too small??

Comment

I'm 170 and surf the 508 in 5mm hooded with boots and gloves.

Comment

Oh nice 510 it is, I was thinking about riding it in 3-6ft conditions, how does this board like to be ridden??

Comment

for a while it was a one board quiver for me. i surfed it all winter at home in waves from a little over waist high right up to 1.5x overhead. It feels a little short in the big stuff but as long as it's not a dredging double up take off it seems to go in everything.
                Surfs like a little shortboard really!

Comment

Alright 510 it is, I was originally sold on the 600 because the volume seemed decent but the 510 will get me in I'm sure

Comment

how does the volume compare to your other boards? i usually right around 28l. the 508 SR is 27.3l but it works well for me.

Comment

My mush Dom us 33.5 could have gone to the 508 though and my alt is 30.3 , that's why I was thinking the stealth would fit perfect in there 600 for upper end mush, and possibly a 6'0 sub for low end mush? And use my Dom for all sorts of mush?? What do you think?

Comment

By mush I just mean smaller waves.. I'm not commenting on how nice they are

Comment

I use the Sub for good quality smaller waves or not so good decent sized waves. I think the stealth is geared towards fairly decent waves. It's more refined and has more rocker I think.
                          I reckon the 510 Sub would pick up from where the Dom starts feeling a little bulky and handle everything up to when you pull out the Alternator.
                          If you want to keep the volume up the 600 will still be fun but I personally think the Sub goes well at slightly lower volumes.

Comment

Alright I'm sold I'll pick one up and let you know how it goes!

Comment

Nice! You'll love it I'm sure. Really fun little board. What fins do you have in mind?

Comment

Working...
                              X