X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6"2 Sub Scorcher fin set up? (fcs)

Just got a fcs 6"2 sub scorcher (not ridden yet) and was just wondering about fin set up, doesn't seem to be much feedback on the larger sub in general. The large tail area would suggest a big fin especially being on the 6"2, iv got some sa large (the green ones) sunny carbons, k2's and al merrick gams. any suggestions on what to use?.... purchase?

also what will the board go well in? 2-5ft? as long as the lips not throwing top to bottom?

take it this pic would be pushing it a bit? (big bit) but do-able? on this board.

http://magicseaweed.com/photoLab/vie...b9981699cc6521

cheers guys.
    Last edited by vandangos; 07-26-2012, 04:32 PM.

I have a 6'0 Sub and find the AMs work best for me I have two large forward and a medium in the rear. Saying that i have wanted to put some Lost fins in as the would more then unlikely suit the board. The board will drive really well and the lift in the tail lets you pump down hard and really generate speed when needed. 2-6ft no worries. But the bigger it gets it can't get to sucky or steep but small and sucky steep the board rips, so much fun, 1-4ft it can surf anything really its my 90% of the time board and i don't really use anything else now except SP, tried others but come back to the sub. My mates all have one and say the samething. Best way to test the size of wave to the board i have found if its to big to dive under and not get thrown around then its to big for the Sub. i samshed my Activator now i am going to go a MB or Hellrazor or Minnie Driver to cover that above 4ft range. What though?? thinking I don't know. Have fun with the Sub its a a great board and really is way under the radar like the Futura.

Comment

Just got my 6'0 sub trying to decide what futures to go with. Has anyone tried the techflex YU's. Trying to decide between the WCT's and YU's.

Comment

I like the look of the WCTs. How's the fin area compared to what you normally use though? I like a little more fin area than usual in thruster grovellers.

Comment

I have the rusty black stixs which are 15.2 and ride the panchos 17.5 in barrels.. The yu and wct are both 14.9. Been waiting for the jordys come out. Just want some new fins that will handel my size that are fast but not as much hold as the panchos.

Comment

Originally posted by lersurfian View Post
            I have the rusty black stixs which are 15.2 and ride the panchos 17.5 in barrels.. The yu and wct are both 14.9. Been waiting for the jordys come out. Just want some new fins that will handel my size that are fast but not as much hold as the panchos.
            I have got a 6'0 Sub Scorcher and LOVE the Futures "Solus" fins in it. Iggy recommended them and whilst I had my doubts I bought a set and love them. Really work well with the width of that board.

Comment

The WCTS would work great!

Comment

Working...
              X