X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. Needs some advice
    I order an alternator to my boyfriend (6,0 It's a gift for Christmas but has not yet come there problems ). But now he want a sweet potato too for the small days. Hes 181 cm and 76-77 kg dry 30 years old . What size do you recomended?. His board¨now is 6,0 x 18 3/8 X 2 3/8 ( for normal conditions head or head +) and a gun for heavy conditions. His an intermed surfer and a one year ago he rode a fishcuit 5,6.
    Thanks

Comment

5'4" would be lots of fun for him. 5'2" would work well also, but needs to be more aggressive, 5'4" more smooth.

Comment

Wow a lucky one!!!! jejeje
        Agreed, the 5'4" will bring him the perfect balance between maneuverability and wave count. FST tech is oneI like a lot

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
          Wow a lucky one!!!! jejeje
          Agreed, the 5'4" will bring him the perfect balance between maneuverability and wave count. FST tech is oneI like a lot
          Iggy, would you buy a 5'4" if you bought another potato? I'm picking one up for the summer here but debating between the 5'2" and 5'4" myself. On paper I think 5'2" every time, but it'll be for tiny summer stuff, a foamie replacement, so wondering if the 5'4" would be a better pick.

Comment

Fritzkat,

I am 6'3" 210 and surf Kona side all the time. I own a 6'8" Hellfire, 6'6" Dom and a 6' Sweet Potato. The SP is in San Diego though. I wish I had it in Kona. It would be my go to board for all those small days. My guess is that a 5' 10" would be perfect for you. The board is a blast on mushy, small days. For a break like Lymons, it would be insane up to head high.

Comment

well bu tiny little thing, if you want to maximize the wave potential the 5'4" is a good choice.
              In my case I'm buying the 5'2"cause after trying a 4'8" my taboo for going short has disappeared. I'll be using it mostly in the river but as I say, going too short on this board will be defeating the purpose of it, which is the tiny little waves that will usually keep you out of the water. I'm intending on using it for 2-3ft East Coast USA mushy fat waves, which I believe is it's perfect playground.
              At the end it all comes to personal preferences and particular conditions. I've read people in this forum taking it onto head high waves...don't think I would feel comfortable dong that.
              In my case, for the really small stuff I take out the SUP... ya I know, guilty as charge!!!!! but that is a real cruiser. I also have a 9'0" flexfire that I bring along the things are not certain. But usually is a matter of Spitfire and potato when I drive for waves

Comment

I'd probably be using it for waist high and below clean stuff and maybe up to chest high super mush. I want to be able to ride small weak stuff easy but I also want to be able to turn it properly. Baring in mind I tend to prefer less volume to you as a whole do you think me going 5'2" would be a safe bet?

Comment

So you want to squeeze the board a it. Volume won't be an issue here but length might. I think that for chest high waves the SF and the Subscorcher wil have you covered, Now for the real small stuff, the mushy less than desirable stuff,you might need a bit extra rail. To play the safe side and have fun on no matter what the 5'4" will have yo covered, but if you want to go farther and squeeze the board's potential, the 5'2" gill give a nice twist to your session

Comment

Yeah, I like the sound of the 5'2" but it would be a shame if it struggled when the waves were tiny. I wish I could demo one but I think even if I could the UK demo board is a 5'6" or something.

Comment

Demo the 5'6" so you put things in perspective. In all honesty I think that the 5'2" will struggle a bit in tiny surf, but again how tiny are you expecting to surf???. For guys like us I believe the 5'4" will give you the best of both
                      In my end I'm experimenting with the 5'2" because the conditions here allow me to do so

Comment

Fair play. Thanks for the feedback

Comment

Anytime buddy!!

Comment

tag team, even he advice givers need help.

Comment

Ha yeah, the SP puzzles me. I don't want to end up not being able to use it when it's 1-2ft weak but peeling perfectly because it's under volumed, but I still want it small enough to wrap a cutty on it.
                              You've ridden 5'2" and 5'4" Chris, where do you stand!

Comment

Hey guys, here is a pic with the 5'4" I tested a few months ago. So you get a visual idea of the dimensions of they boardAttachment
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X