Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the replies iggy and prjwebb =) .. Well, in response to questions:
    1) How small of waves do you want to surf ? -> I surf a few different types of waves, as well as sizes, but I know that the SP is for small waves, very small .. Many times, the swell in my area is less than 0.5 m ..
    2) What board are you currently riding and how small is the smaller board you have surfed so far? ->The board was a 6'0'', 20 1/4, 2 1/2. Now i'm surfing with a 6'6'', 20 1/2, 2 3/6 (fish) =x
    3) Have you considered the dominator? -> Yes. I'm also thinking about purchasing a dominator .. =) By the way, a 6'2''will float over to me?

Basically, I'd like to have both boards, I just have some doubts regarding the fluctuation and therefore appropriate measures to my weight and level of surfing ..
    Do you think I'm thinking right? So I have two different boards to surf diferent conditions right? Or think for my level of surfing, for now, the dominator is enough?
    And other important information .. I identify myself with the very classic style of surfing .. And I like the wide and thick planks that allow an easy paddling and a few tricks .. classical eheh
    What you can advise me?
    Thks guys

Comment

Well at this point in time I thinl one board will suffice. I would go with the dominator forst. This board will allow your surfing to grow and anyways she's a keeper, a board to be kept on your quiver. Then from there you can venture into any other board.
      The Dominator will be a much more agressive board than a fish due to its lines and tail.
      The Addvance could be another option as well for really tiny waves.
      On the Dominator even the 5'10"will float you plenty
      Now at your level going that short???. Maybe the 6'0" will cover a wider spectrum of waves at your current level of proficiency, specially if it's really small most of the time. If you feel confident on your pup up and going down the line I reckon you could go for the 5'10". No problems there even with a 5'4" suit.
      I'm 80kgs and went from a 5'10" dom to a 5'8" spit with no issues

Comment

great words folks.

thanks for the help.

Comment

Thanks for your advices iggy :)
          The Dom is comming :)
          Cheers \m/

Comment

great stuff. I do think you will develop in a more through manner on t he dominator as the board is incredibly well rounded in respect to both performance and usability. Enjoy it and post some pics if you get some.

Cheers and stoked on the support

Comment

As a refference, here is a Spitfire 5'8" and a potato 5'2" side by side
              Attachment
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi There,
                I'm thinking about getting a SP but as most people i am unsure about the size. I am 94 kg, 187cm and in OK shape... I would consider myself an intermediate surfer but usually I only get to surf on vacation (mostly France during the summertime and the occasional trip to further destinations during winter) and shitty waves in the netherlands every now and then, so a wetsuit is in use most of the time. Right now I am leaning towards a 5'10 but I also want to make sure to get a board that really lets me catch as many waves as possible. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated,

Ben

Comment

5'6" - 5'8" would be my recommendation. The 5'10" would be pretty big, but still work no doubt.

Comment

Agreed there with PRJ

Comment

If you dont get in too often you want to make the most of it when you do, so be generous go 5'8.

Comment

Working...
                      X