X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling long board for Potato?

Just got going on FireWire shapes and after a few sessions on the spitfire, I dig them. Thinking about selling my longboard to finance a sweet potato. I live in new England and we get a lot of small days. With that being said I ride short boards and fishes 99% of the time. Think I would regret selling the 9' nose rider that has been in the water twice in the last year? It's too nice a board to collect dust. Can the sweet potato grovel then smallest mushiest swell?

Yeah I know what you mean. I do get attatched to my boards but the way I see it, I rather someone els enjoy the board that having it at home collecting dust. Is like having a bird with the wings clipped. Also is like you were buying a board at a special price all the time

Comment

I find there is a size wave around 1foot or so where even the SP won't do the trick. I surf SoCal, and the SP or 'Nator are enough for most small days, but sometimes it just gets too small, and I have to pull out the log. I can't imagine the East Coast having anything better. In brief, keep the long board for the tiny days. If you want a small wave board, get a Potatonator for whenever it is over a foot. In summary, I find I cannot get rid of my long board, although I only need it on the smallest of surf.

Comment

[QUOTE=Roger;12893]I find there is a size wave around 1foot or so where even the SP won't do the trick. I surf SoCal, and the SP or 'Nator are enough for most small days, but sometimes it just gets too small, and I have to pull out the log. I can't imagine the East Coast having anything better. In brief, keep the long board for the tiny days. If you want a small wave board, get a Potatonator for whenever it is over a foot. In summary, I find I cannot get rid of my long board, although I only need it on the smallest of surf.[/QUOTE

I really don't go out unless it's atleast knee to thigh high, will the SP go well in that type of surf? I have a super floaty fish that I ride in tiny swell

Comment

I absolutely hate putting boards on roof racks. It's such an enormous hassle. So I avoid surfing my longboard unless nothing else will work. I don't have a SP but my Dom is a touch over foamed for my weight and when I see folk out in ther SP's I don't feel they are performing significantly better than the Dom. So as much as I hate sticking boards on roof racks there are some days where if you don't have a longboard or something similar you don't go surfing.

It's a tough call but my choice would be to hang on to the longboard. What other board can you walk the nose anyway?

Comment

Working...
          X