Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest spud fin combo

Controller rear with Scimitar fronts .
    Went off in flawless leftover 3.3@14 sec ESE groundswell at a secret spot that loves LP only .
    I found the scimitar w / stretch rears good too but this setup has plenty of hold and tips over on rail real nice and gives the board a better pocket presence .
    This set went off in what was if call perfect waist to just a out head high slopey bowly groundswell today

Dorado, do you have a picture of your Scimitar setup?

Comment

This is similar I think to your fin combo - Best I've tried, drivey, but very fast and loose
      Fronts - Occy Carbo's & rear custom's from full circle surf, phillip island
      Hope the attachments work
      I have tried fronts fea blackstix, tp1, fam.
      I think the fronts need to have a wide base for good drive and a long rake for speed, while the rears I use are flat foiled. I think that they don't interrupt water flow that maybe an 80/20 foil might as rear fins. They are small enough for quick release and turn so quickly
      Last edited by liquidmagic; 12-17-2012, 01:20 PM.

Comment

I can't wait to try out my new config!!
        5'4 FST Spud, Jordy Smith fronts, Rusty R1 rears!

ALOHA!!

Attachment
        Attached Files

Comment

[Test Results]
          Surfed in knee to chest high waves. Jordy front + R1 rear felt unstable on bottom turns and cutbacks. It felt like I was riding a twin fin. I swapped out the R1 rears for some Q400 composite rears. The board felt a lot more stable. The Jordys fins are super fast and responsive! I can release the fins. Cutbacks are great and maintains speed on turns.

[Next Test]
          Spud: Solus front + Controller rear, Solus front + Q400 composite rear.

ALOHA!!

Comment

How good does the sweet p feel with the fins dialled in. Anything under three feet and you can shred the wave as quickly as you can think it. Never bogs down flies over any section. Goes bottom to top. I can't imagine a better small wave board (yet to try a baked p) It's the only board for me for summer
            Last edited by liquidmagic; 03-08-2013, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X