Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potatonator has more performance than the baked potato and still packs quite a bit of volume. What re your stats?

Comment

Iggy :)

Originally posted by qatarjames View Post
      6ft tall and 84 kilos

Comment

I would go with a smaller BP, like no bigger then 5'7".

i was and am shocked at how much volume it has, OMG.

I should have gotten a 5'5", but I am adapting to the 5'7". It floats so much that my entire thigh is out of the water, WTF!!!

Its interesting on the fact that I have to re adjust my paddling/etc on such a huge board!

Still, it gets up and goes. I may stick a 5th fin in it, like that FW pivoty thing to slow her down a bit.

Oh yea, one more thing is the 5th fin box that the SP does not have.

So you can quad, tri or cinque her :)

Comment

ok see this link..a little video i made from the weekend surfing... you can see the size of waves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3c2...&feature=g-upl

i would like the more performance potato, but its just the gamble...i live in a desert country. the idea is i take it in a double board bad with my bic to have best of both worlds!!

also i use the mini mal when glides more than does turns which i want to do more of!!

Comment

Wow those look like really small waves. 5'7" baked looks like right up to the task, although the 5'10"pnator could help as well if the waves were a bit better

Comment

Yeah I like the look and idea of having a baked potato, I haven't found many online for sale in surf shops, can you order direct from FireWire? Is the white fst out yet? Seems like reviews suggest its stronger? And future fins better choice?

Comment

FUTURES all the way...at least for me... for sure some FCS advocates will jump jejejeej.
                Try to contact Myles. He's the person in charge of Europe
                myles@fire[email protected]

Comment

Is the UAE Europe though Iggy? Not sure who would deal with that actually...

Comment

That's exactely it, I don't know if anybody is assigned to that region so the closest one will be Europe.

Comment

Yeah potentially, or Asia?

Comment

If you go to the DEALERS section on the website:
                        http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/de...ernational.php

you have the option of Dubai.
                        Have you tried to fill this one in?

Comment

Id go addvance. One lesson Ive learned is that for a developing surfer volume and width is your friend. Learn how to surf on a bigger board before u go small. I jumped right from a log to a short board within six months of starting to surf. I never learned the nuances of good surfing until I went back to a bigger board. After a few years I downsized to a fish. From their my surfing exploded. Addvance gives u the nest if both worlds. A bigger board that can turn and handle better waves. Just my opinion.

Comment

To go from a roxy fun shape and bic to go to a hybrid like the sp or bp might be a steep learning curve. I love my sp but it's a board like no other. Had a buddy who is an ok surfer try it after riding a strive 6 6 and he could not make it work at all. He's an average surfer who surfs of his front foot. Check out the addvance postings. People really like this board especially in solid waves. Seems like it has a great wave range and it will help u progress into the small board range.

Comment

Saw your video. Don't seem to be below the intermediate level. Bp or sp might work im your dims and had the 5 8 sp enjoyed it but decided to downsize to a 56 thats worked out well. Its not a fish or mal type board. Iggy will agree the back foot makes the board go. I would assume after riding a mal and fun shape it might be a slower transition to a sp type board. If u dont mind a few tough sessions u will eventually dial in I'd still check out the addvance. Chris also mentioned the Dom. Great board there too.

Comment

hey bumper- thanks for the advice so far, i have looked at the addvance, but it starts in a 6'6... i was looking to try something smaller than my bic but with more volume.. so an idea- 6' 1" 22 3/4" 3" diamond 50.9 baked P?? surely 50ltr is loads? and a smaller board to make turns on? in the winter here in QATAR we get good storms where i can ride my bic, i just want a new board with more float to ride on the smaller days and hopefully improve.
                                i went to dubai this weekend to look at the dealer of firewire, i got to touch hold and check out both a sweet and baked but not the size i was looking for, it was only the bambo deck one...as i want the FST.
                                yeah i looked at a dom a few months ago, but at 6'2-4 and 40ltr a potato can beat this and be a little smaller. i have ridden 6ft-6'4 shortboards but just in bigger waves than what i get in qatar.

thnaks for your input,

Comment

Working...
                                X