X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indo fins issue

So I bought the Indo fins and used them in about 1-2 foot waves. It was really disappointing as I felt like the board was just way to stiff and that I could not get going down the line at all. I typically use the H2 FCS fins with GX FCS in the back and I love it except for the little bit of sliding out that happens occasionally. I can catch anything and go anywhere on super small waves.

Just wondering if anyone had a similar experience or if you new if I got the wrong sized fins or something.

Brent, there's a whole range of fins that Indo Fins make...are you going to give us a hint as to which ones you used?

Comment

If they he controllers I would keep the pivot rears and try a set of at least 4.5 " base fronts with some sweep or maybe your H fins.
      I thought the futures controllers were OK but I like the rear fins from that set with my Scimitars so far the best and I've played around a bit with a bunch of combos

Comment

hated em

Comment

I got the FCS version of the controllers in the quad set. Hopefully there is just one set of those as I am going to try it with the H2 fins with the controller rear fins. Just trying to figure it out.

Comment

Yeah try the H2 fronts and the K2.1 if you can. I find the K2.1 and controller rears a super fun set on the potato.
            For the record though, I have no problem with the full Indo Fin Controller set up and thought they worked very well.

Comment

yeah the controllers are totally a different style. Way more retro DNA!!

Comment

Just gone back to the PC SF4 fins on my 5'4 Sweet potato, and I have to say these fins are the best for me and this board. Never got the hang of the Indo Controllers, to me they made the board feel stiff and hard to move around.

Was thinking of replacing the 5'4 for a 5'8 potatonator, but had such a fun session on it today that this board is definitely staying in my quiver.
                If you have't tried the SF4 fins, i would recommend you try them out. Heaps of speed but still really loose and fun :) Was rated as a Large fin, but is now rated as a Medium: http://surffcs.com/au/products/fins/...SF4PCQuad.aspx

Comment

I am using the MRTX fins and like those a lot. I guess you can never have too many fins.

Comment

Depends upon your size, boards size, and the size of the waves and their power.
                    For me I like the Indo fin full set in 1-2' and then the Indo fronts with Stretch rears in any larger waves to control the tail
                    But I'm a big unit.
                    The Stretches were good for me only when the waves were 3' plus on the sweet potato. Below that I wasn't getting the drive or instant speed right from takeoff like I found with the Indo controllers.
                    Now surfing a 5'11" baked (Future's boxes) and use AMT fronts with controller rears which feels perfect.
                    A smaller guy on a smaller board could use a medium front fin and controller rears to achieve a loose feel off the tail.
                    It's all experimentation with a continual adjustment of working out which fins work in what board in what waves.
                    Good to build a solid fin quiver.
                    A set of fins that may feel terrible in one board can turn another one into a magic carpet.
                    Forum regulars could update their sig line to not only include your boards but the fins you run in each as I've done below.
                    Helpful for others.
                    Last edited by cuttlefish; 10-13-2012, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X