Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah forum surf coaching!! Glad it helped.

thanks for all the insight folks

Comment

Hi, would it be a hard transition from surfing the frontfoot to being able to surf a backfooted board such as a sp?
      Has anyone experience with it?

Comment

Yeah I'm pretty front footed. It took a while to adjust with plenty of hit and miss moments but I really enjoy the SP now.

Comment

I think this is the tail pad Prj is talking about. Looks the ticket for BP and SP style boards.

Attachment
          Attached Files

Comment

I think this is the tail pad Prj is talking about. Looks the ticket for BP and SP style boards.

Attachment
            Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, handy for knowing you back foot is in the spot and a good anchor for the knee to protect the board when duck diving!
              I do like the arch bar on full sized tail pads though, i feel like you get more leverage rail to rail having your foot elevated on the arch, kind of like a domed deck.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                Yeah I'm pretty front footed. It took a while to adjust with plenty of hit and miss moments but I really enjoy the SP now.
                I kinda have to get with the program since i recently bought a sp and a pn. Both need to be surfed from the backfoot. Is there a difference in backfoot pressure between the both, i mean does the pn need a similar approach when it comes to backfoot surfing?
                Plus, i was wondering whether the transition to backfoot surfing improved your overal surfing performance.
                Perhaps even on boards which you normally surf frontfooted?

Safe, Sven

Comment

Originally posted by SvenBoogert View Post
                  I kinda have to get with the program since i recently bought a sp and a pn. Both need to be surfed from the backfoot. Is there a difference in backfoot pressure between the both, i mean does the pn need a similar approach when it comes to backfoot surfing?
                  Plus, i was wondering whether the transition to backfoot surfing improved your overal surfing performance.
                  Perhaps even on boards which you normally surf frontfooted?

Safe, Sven
                  I would say surfing is more Blackfoot orientated I sometimes struggle after been on my snowboard for a season you drop to the bottom a bog a rail due to too much front for pressure.
                  I would say you need to be more dynamic when surfing shifting body weight forward and back to sute different manovers.

Comment

Ha yeh very recognisable.
                    Every winter i wonder why my snowboard isn't turning how it is supposed to and in the summer vica versa on my surfboard.
                    Little thick i suppose.
                    I think i can gain progress being more conscious about my surfing, it's mainly going with the flow at the moment.
                    Thanks !

Safe Sven

Comment

Had a decent surf this morning on the sp. I used the Simon Anderson large set to try something new. It actually worked really well i found it to have loads of drive while still being manoeuvrable for my skill level. I need the great way it holds instead of being real loose.
                      You gatto love the sp it's such a likeable person to be with.

Comment

Working...
                      X