X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any 90 Kg guys try a SP in a 5'10?

Im looking for anyone who has tried this out, its basically over sizing.

Any 90 Kg guys try a SP in a 5'10?

Im talking about chest height and under onshore waves.

Cheers

At 84 Kgs I had a 5'6" and sold it because it felt way too buoyant for my wight now I'm a very happy owner of a 5'2".
    Why do you wanna go over volumed?

Comment

I had a blast on a 508 in waist high glass, high tide waves. Maybe more fun than I've had in any session on my 5'2" but it was pure speed runs gliding down the line on racey little peelers. I haven't really had conditions like that for my 5'2 yet.
      I couldn't really turn it well at that length as i didn't have enough forward weight to recover from manoeuvres.

Comment

why aren't you liking the 502 prj, a little too small??

Comment

Nah I am liking it. Just been lacking those perfect little days for it this year. The odd day I've had in the right conditions its been super fun. But that day I had on the 508 was perfect potato conditions and my first time on one and it was a bit of a revelation.
          I think I've been forcing the 5'2 on days where it's a bit big and powerful for it and on those days I either have a blast or get real frustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by surferireland View Post
            Im looking for anyone who has tried this out, its basically over sizing.

Any 90 Kg guys try a SP in a 5'10?

Im talking about chest height and under onshore waves.

Cheers
            I'm 90kg but haven't ridden the 5'10. I had a 5'8 and should have gone 5'6"
            Not really answering your question but I hope it helps!

Comment

I've riden a 5 10 thought it was a bit too much float but still went well in 1-2ft beach break

Comment

i'm 90kg and 6 foot and am feeling out a 504....502 would of been better....its fairly common for people to over volume it because of the short lengths...they always end up selling it and going shorter...what was wrong with your 504...???

Comment

I'm 85 to 90 k and I had to downsize from a 58 to a 5'6. 5'8 was way too floaty. 5'6 has been a blast. Took it out recently in thigh high Peelers and it went great. Anything below that or weak and I'm on a log anyway. If u r on the 510 pnator I wouldnt go above a 5'8 on the sp.

Comment

hey all, im back :-)
                    so some of you will remember i was looking for a SP for my birthday (30th) i finally got one- see the link post at the bottom for the photo,
                    Any way..a little swell came to Dubai this week and it was time to try! im 6ft-80kg now due to a big fitness drive and feeling fit! the waves were soft, max waist high but they were pushing through so i had a go!
                    i got the 5'10 due to living in the middle east, soft easy waves. when i paddled out i found it really easy, it was fast and i was competing against every type of board above 7ft, even SUP's! i got loads of waves,
                    im not a great surfer but i can do the basics :-) after reading all the SP posts here i had in mind i needed to surf it from the back foot, this took a little getting used to but once i got it right i loved the way i could pump fast down the line- way faster than my BIC 6'7, usually my ride would have finished early due to speed or sinking on these small waves but i was able to run all the way till knee deep water :-)
                    im sure 5'10 will be too buoyant for most, but we have small waves without the power. i got loads of waves- all the set waves and people were all wanting to know about the board due to the size and my wave count :-D
                    no special fins- only the standard ones you get with it, a great board, loved it

http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/f/...birthday-to-me!!

Comment

good stuff qatar...

Comment

Working...
                      X