X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Sweet Potato = Big Fun

Been surfing a 502 SP for the past couple months and loving it. It is the smallest board I've ever surfed but the short length and big volume makes the 1-3 gutless so much fun. Hooking little roundies and floaters on surf that most people don't bother to paddle out in is unreal. When it gets to 3ft the board allows crazy tail wafts and fins free maneuvers.

My recommendation would be to go as short as possible on the SP. Yeah it might not catch ankle slappers but the fun it gives you on the daily slop is worth it.

LeftLane, how's the Elevons compare to the Controller Quads on the spud? I use my Spud 95% time...even on days I should be using a real shortboard haha

Comment

I recently changed the Controllers for the Elevons on my 5'2" sweet potato and I'm digging it!!!!. Speed wise both deliver pretty much the same but when it comes to maneuverability the Elevons puts on the extra gear!!!. I think my controllers will be sitting for quite some time. I do have the controllers with the large rear. Used to have the ear mediums but lost one and by mistake they sent me the large set and for such a small board I think they fit in better, gives more control and tons of speed

Comment

Yeah Iggy...I have both sets too and have them in my Potatonator at the moment....The Elevons keep getting put back in the PN...I find they create so much more speed. The Controllers are fast...but the Elevons to me are just so much faster and ride like normal fins in terms of feelings. They just really work in that board.

Comment

I second what Iggy and FW said. Elevons work better for me on that board than the controllers. Great board and fin combo! Freaky fun.

Comment

Just to reassure myself I took that PN out today with the Controllers in. It was 2-3 bowly slightly wind effected but fun....It was a good session and the controllers are fine..but they just lack that speed of the Elevons...tonight they come out and the Elevons back in for tomorrow.

Comment

Let us know where you net out FW. I'm checking out a new PN this weekend.

Comment

Def loving the Elevons...I will stop raving about them now.

Comment

glad you are loving that board left lane!!

Comment

Are yall riding Elevons with small or large rear fins?

Comment

Chuck I was of the opinion they only came with the smaller rear fins. Thats what I am riding them with but they dont look that small to me. They look like a standard rear fin of about 4 inches.

Comment

Yep. Same here. Whatever came with Elevons set.

Comment

Originally posted by Chucktown.Surfer View Post
                          Are yall riding Elevons with small or large rear fins?
                          My original set came with the small rear. Lost one and ordered a new set and they sent me the large ones. I prefer the small ones

Comment

I just ordered a set with large rears. The large rears are a quarter inch taller, 4 inches vs 3.75. My fins and Baked Potato should arrive tomorrow, cant wait!

Comment

Yep. Just checked and I've got the 4" larger rear fins...

Attachment
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X