X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fragile

This is probably my favorite board to ride but its just so fragile. I feel like like there is something wrong with it after every session. Is anyone else having this problem with their RF sweet tater?

Im not sure what you mean by impacting something? I just surf it, rinse it, store it. I just wish I could trade this thing in under the california lemon law. ahha

Comment

looks like your board is sick

Comment

Hi Guys

Just dropping into the forum...
        I surf regularly my SP 5'6" since march, 2/3 times a week, but only managed to remove off completely my wax coat under my front foot once (I use a DK flat longboard tailpad under my backfoot) and also noticed an almost perfect "footbed", that helps me to set my foot in position. The kind of "footbed" you get on SUP's on the paddling zone, after a while...

I've been checking this zone for delams, but found nonen, yet.

The two "bubbles" on the pictures show a classic delam. Do you usually leave your board on your car when it's really hot inside, or inside the boardbag exposed to the sun , on the beach?
        Extreme temperatures can harm any surfboard, for sure, but your board's delams (almost the shape of your foot) seem to be the result of an intolerance to foot pressure, more than a bubble due to heat exposure.

I think you can ask for a guarantee repair, at least?

Denis

Comment

Thanks for the words denis85 and co.

Soggy, please doe feel free to email me and we can look at it further. I am diving back into my post holiday emails today so feel free to reach out.

Cheers.

[email protected]

Comment

thanks for the input denis. I keep my boards in my room, walk to the beach, surf and walk home. I kinda wish I left in the sun or baking in my car, that way I wouldn't be so bummed out. How does firewire handle issues like this? Im not into paying for repairs on faulty product.

Comment

The big question is what type of high heat temperatures did it go through during shipping prior to you even buying it. I love these boards but being that they get shipped from asia, I doubt the fly first class with AC, therefore they are most likely shipped in hot metal shipping containers that are left out in the sun in shipping yards reaching super heated conditions, I can only hope my boards were shipped durng mild temperature days and it was cloudy out!!!

Comment

if that were the case, the failure rate would be very high and you'd have whole shipments of boards having problems rather than the odd board out of thousands.

Comment

not really, because everyone doesnt buy the boards out of just one shipment, and everyone doesnt just surf the same board out of there quiver every session, and everyone doesnt post the conditions of light delaminating conditions on the internet. I'm just saying that it is likely some of the shipments get super heated prior to ever arriving at your local surf shop, and to deny this is crazy, they are shipped and no one can guarantee the exact environment they are in the whole time unless they too travel in the container with these boards, which I highly doubt has ever been done unless they are smuggling illegals, haha. I have worked in shipping containers before, and even with the door open they heat up like ovens on a sunny day. So how else do the boards get from Asia to The States?

Comment

It's an interesting point for sure. Is it possible to have insulated containers? I assume when food goods are shipped across the world they are kept cool and not exposed to 150*+ heat.
                    If it was a problem you'd have a container of, say 500 boards, that would all be having issues and I think with those kind of quantities, the issue would be very apparent.

Maybe someone from FW will chime in and give us the inside info.

Comment

Interesting point...VERY interesting point as a matter of fact!!

Comment

I agree it probably doest happen often or maybe at all, but to make sure would be a simple cheap temp indicator sticker. Or ladders at the fire department have stickers on them, and pending certain conditions these stickers will turn different colors to identify possible damaging temps. I'm sure they make stickers that would indicate temps from 100 F and up in specific increments. Just a thought to ponder. I know I love my Firewires, and will continue buying them even if i have a couple issues because I love the way they ride. I just want everyone to have the perfect board, with as little problems as possible, especially at almost $800 a pop out the door, trust me, I've bought 3 new firewires in the last three months, and one more on order.

Comment

Well I've found this study
                          http://www.ista.org/forms/LEINBERGER...ns06_paper.pdf

Comment

good Data! 135 degrees F, is that enough to damage a board? Well he also stated that the study reflects temperatures at sea which were more moderate than before or after shipping, which means sitting on the docks in the sun awaiting departure and or awaiting customs. Dont know the actual temps but from personal experience I've searched cargo shipping containers during the summer and they feel like ovens here in Florida. I just know I will order my Firewires during winter mild temp months.

Comment

Working...
                            X