X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to buy a new SP, 5'2- 5'6?

Need a little advice on what size SP to get. Im 6'1" and 190 Lbs. Im currently riding a 5'8 Dominator, mostly as a quad with Rusty R2's, Ive always been into shorter wider boards. I actually ride the Dom 4-8 ft. I want the SP for ankle biters to head highish. Any suggestions on what size to get? Im a strong paddler and have been surfing 10 years (23 y/o). And a pretty advanced surfer, any thoughts would be awesome!

5'4" id say.

Comment

Agreed

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

No problemo

Comment

Im 225 and 6'2" and downsized from the 5'8" into a 5'6" and its money. Could go 5'4" but I want the length...

Comment

Length will be crucial on the small days, even over volume

Comment

true that Iggy!

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
                  Length will be crucial on the small days, even over volume
                  True I also think this shape is the closest thing to a hull that I have ridden. There is a so much wetted surface area and planing surface that I have seen people getting suckered into riding them to small. I found when to big it was hard for the board to break the surface tension if that makes sense. What I have surmised is that these seem to be the right size at chin heigth just what I have noticed. Obviously the variable of body weight applies but that is what I have seen :)

Comment

As a refference, there it is the SF 5'8" and the potato 5'2"
                    Attachment
                    Attached Files

Comment

word on the street has the Potatonator being a freakishly fun board....

Comment

5'7" on order as of tomorrow first thing.
                        How do they look given I surf a 5'6" SP I figure the 5'7" Pnator would be good. How are you guys sizing them for the boys relative to what you/they are surfin in the SP?

Comment

Hey Donnie, lets see that one when you get it!!. I'm curious to see the difference on the tail compared to the spitfire

Comment

Yea it's early days so was t able to order yet... I'm actually vining on the baked potato more hopefully will get to hold one to see. I'll post feedback following seeing it

Comment

Working...
                            X