X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stance and foot position

What are the ideal foot positions on the Sweet Potato? Rear foot in the middle of all the fins, between the front fins, between the rear fins, etc? Front foot mid point? Just got the my first ride in and found the magic spot once, but it's hard to tell with fresh wax and a new board, plus I was moving too fast to look down:) p.s, I'm running Controllers on a 5'8".

Back foot way back and weight over that foot

Comment

There's a differenence between performing foot pressure and putting your full weight on a single foot. I was struggling to get my stance just right for the sp. I figured that i should put my backfoot way back on the pad and then put my weight on it. Which felt like standing on the brake instead of the gas. When your performing pressure on your backfoot in a some sort of gentle way, you gatto figure out just how much pressure works the best in what manouver etc, you take off like a rocket. Offcourse your takeoff timming is an important issue aswell, since that can gain or cost you allot of speed aswell.
      It takes time to figure it out, atleast it did for me especially since i was surfing more frontfooot orientated before i had the SP.

Comment

@baddog, get your back foot on pad but only apply weight when you need to do a snap or turn and front foot under the FW logo don't go past it (assuming you went with "correct" size). hope that helps!

ALOHA!!

Comment

Originally posted by hawaii_boi View Post
          @baddog, get your back foot on pad but only apply weight when you need to do a snap or turn and front foot under the FW logo don't go past it (assuming you went with "correct" size). hope that helps!

ALOHA!!
          No pad installed yet as I'm trying to find the spot. After a couple of go's, it seems like my back foot is centered smack in the middle of all four fins. I bought a Prolite "The Wide Ride" pad which will just cover the tail from the leading edge of the front fins to the back edge of the back fins. Really wondering if I need the tail block that far back. I got a sweet trade in deal on a Enviroflex Potato, so it's a size bigger then I might have picked, but quite a few sizes bigger then what's recommended. Pretty much no chance I'll reach the FW logo.

Comment

Working...
          X