Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another east coast surfer

Hey guys,
    I am a intermediate surfer, about 5"3', 100lbs. I have a 5"10' CI Flyer and my brother has an 8 foot longboard that he lets me use.
    I would really like to get one of the potatoes (BP SP PN) for the crappy stuff that the Flyer won't be the best at, but when I don't want to drag the log to the beach. Also, what would be the right size waves for these boards? Thanks guys.
    55th Street Crew, Ocean City NJ
    Last edited by wesurf55thstreet; 07-30-2013, 08:44 AM.

The south end ain't what it used to be huh? The Sp would be knee to waist, bp knee to shoulder? Atleast that is what I rode it in when I demoed it in CA. It might not go AS well in the small stuff, but I can't say for sure. I imagine the PN to be in the thigh to head high range. Honestly the south end is a very weak wave so I would imagine if it is chest high there, all of these boards would work well because it is so soft. The SP is a great board for the area though, especially on the smaller days. This is my first summer with it and it has turned some days where I normally wouldn't surf anything but a longboard into a fun session. It has truly been my savior when it comes to summer time surf.

Comment

The SP and BP are both great for small, mushy waves in the 1 - 3ft range. When the waves get bigger, these boards are not as ideal as a standard shortboard (or something similar). The SP will give you tons of speed and an extremely loose, skatey fell. The BP has these same characteristics, but with a bit more refined nose and tail lines.
      The PN is a great board to ride in the 2 - 4ft range. Having both Dominator and potato DNA, the PN combines the speed aspect of the SP and BP with the maneuverability of the Dominator.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Ok so I have ruled out the SP, leaving me with the PN and BP. Which one would be more different than a standard shortboard, like my Flyer? Thanks
        55th Street Crew, Ocean City NJ

Comment

The BP will be more different than your Flyer. BP will ride like a skateboard on the water and be able to catch waves that most people would deem unrideable on a standard shortboard. It's a super fun board.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Baaaaaaaaaaaked potato

Comment

Working...
            X