X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailpad position

Just purchased this 2nd hand (not picked it up yet).

I know these boards need to be ridden with the back foot, just wondering if the Tail Pad already on there is too far forward?
    Last edited by reserves; 10-14-2013, 01:59 AM.

Guessing a photo would help :)

(it's a 5' 8")

Comment

Yes, it is too far forward. You want the traction pad to be almost touching the leash plug. That little slit cutout in the center back part of the pad hugs the leash plug.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Thought so... Any tips to get off? Is it different with an FST board?

Comment

I would start with a razor blade, then I've heard people use sticky bumps wax remover or googon to get all the residue off.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Heat it slightly witha hair dryer. It will loosen the glue. Peel it back, then use a citrus based goo remover. Don't use a blade unless a plastic one. But you shouldn't need one.

Comment

Thanks guys, I have ordered some Goo Gone.

So Justo, you agree it's too far forward too? Was thinking of at least trying it first

Comment

It looks too far forward to me too...I would even try to get one of those fish specific pads which will allow you to get even a little further back than the leash plug. Not that you want to put your foot on it but if you can get the kick block just in front of it.Something like:
                1. http://www.surfstitch.com/product/cr...ad-black-green
                2. http://www.surfstitch.com/product/ch...-black-red-hex
                any pad really that has a cut out for the plug.

Comment

and that leg rope string looks a bit long too, double it over just to make sure the rail saver is all that touches the rails.

Comment

Reserves, as Josh says the aim with the potato range is to get the pad as close as possible to the leash plug. On my potatonator getting my back foot on the tail makes the board come alive. Think it has helped with all my boards as I tended to be on my front foot all the time Hope to get my new Addvance 6'6" in the water tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks guys, appreciate the tips, I pick the board up tomorrow so I'll let you know how i get on.

@Bigblackdog have fun with your Addvance, I have the 6' 10" and love it

Comment

I had to pull a kick pad off once before, and some tank grips on my race bike which is simular but waay stickier. I deff. Second the hair dryer! Really loosens up the glue.

Comment

Working...
                        X