X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backside advise on Sweet Potato

I'm finally dialed in on my Potato frontside, but I'm having difficulty on my first turn going backside. It's my first quad too, so any tips going backside would be appreciated. My Potato is oversized and I am running Controllers. On yeah, I'm usually a good backside surfer.

Everything needs to be done through the tail so make sure you are bottom turning more off your back foot than anything else.

Comment

a tail pad helps..make sure your foot is back against the tail block..i'm not sure about controllers..but your rear quads should be flat

Comment

Yeah ditch the controllers in my opinion. Standard sized thruster sides at the front and decent sized flat foiled quad rears. Controllers just feel funky unless you're cruising. Use all the speed that board carries to give yourself a bit more room off the bottom. A deeper bottom turn to wash off a bit of speed gives you a chance to come up a bit tighter and keep your weight back. Maybe extend your rear arm a little to shift your weight back.

Comment

i think that's sounds advice there Phill. The flat foiled fins are key when having such a wide tailed board with fins right on the edge of the rail

Comment

how much do you weigh?..i weigh 155lbs..my fronts are the mb3 and rears are the 3.75 flats..this combo works magic and i'm able to surf my sweet potato just like a regular shortboard..if you are a larger surfer you might wanna try the tp1 fronts and 4.0 flats in the rear

Comment

Putting on a tail pad was the first thing that really help me figure this board out. I've got my back foot slammed into the tail block now. I weight 160lb and like the drive of the Controllers, but I can see how they might not be so great backside. How long is your board nalu808?

Comment

• nalu808
                nalu808 commented
                Editing a comment
                i have a 5'0
            Working...
            X