Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic that's where I was from I actually started riding for Geoff from 88 to 98, went down there for the single fin comp last year lots of those boards down there Shane had a nice board amongst other that were around. I was happy to jump back on the SP the day after on a really nice right at the south end just too many people I recon 100 guys in the water.

Comment

hey nn, didn't know you were one of us from the valley..!!..or have we talked about that and i've forgotten..??..i missed the comp..bummer...i rode some zaps back then as i hated twinnys...

BTW...everyone take in nn66's thoughts on SP"s..he absolutely belts his like a shorty..!!...making me rethink my low volume thing...

Comment

Another gooood sesh on my potato again... I'm digging this board!!

Comment

Same here...trying to find out it's limits with some chunky 4-5' plus point waves yesterday.
          Love the weird lines I can draw when going as fast as possible.
          Stretches holding in really well.

Comment

I'm hating waiting for mine. When the swell dropped and the sun was blazing earlier in the week I was gagging to go out on one. Might take the demo out again tomorrow...
            Last edited by Phill; 03-31-2012, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Attachment
              Attached Files

Comment

Seemed like every second person I saw getting out of the water at my local polnt was sporting a spud. Mann (deliberate miss-spelling) they're getting popular.

Comment

My mate picked one up yesterday. Jealous waiting for mine!

Comment

Nice photo iggy, the spud is beautiful in its own special way;)

Comment

She's a beauty!. Tons o fun on it!!. 360's come along effortless on it

Comment

Nice shot Iggy!
                        Got out of the water today after making a pig of myself.
                        An early surf on the beachbreaks in thumping 3-5' peaks on the p'nator.
                        Then moved down to my local point for some 3'ers on the spud.
                        Saw a fellow surfer I know who's always bemused by my eclectic board choices and gave him the p'nator to look over later on in the carpark.
                        He'd been watching me get the best of the waves coming through (local knowldege in play) and thought I'd been riding the p'nator.
                        Must have the spud worked out when he thinks I'm riding a p'nator. LOL!

Comment

good stuff cuttle

Comment

Had a great Easter weekend of waves in SE Qld. I Had two days of spudtastic headhigh high tide beachies, cross to offshore. I ve had my spud for a year and am having my best surfs on it the last two months. I reckon if you re having trouble, only ride it in waves that they are meant for first of all and watch the chuy reyna clip on youtube....he surfs it perfectly. Once you get the hang of your spud, venture into more adventurous territory and draw the crazy lines. Today i Got some overhead sets which were beautiful long fast waves.....one in particular was so fast i burst out laughing. My other tip is to work the spine of the board, keep going rail to rail.......you just keep going faster and faster:)

Comment

ha great stuff JaM. good little review!! it is a super fun board...

Comment

had mine out last sunday 2-5 ft oily clean.. so fast! dropped in the sf4's again and went really well.. once the tide dropped out i wish i had my dom though.. i was on everything though.. its a crowd beater and was loving the volume being in my 5mm

Comment

Working...
                                X