Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks guys, i got told by a supplier that i should be riding 5.8 or 5.6, so conflicting reports to what i've read on the forum. With the 5.4 will i be able to compete with the longboarders? and out of interest how much you weigh PRJ

Comment

A longboard is a longboard, competition will not be fair but you will be catching waves for sure. I had a 5'6" and even though I loved the fact that the board was able to catch anything, once on, the extra volume was in the middle. I wanted to get some more juice out of it so I sold it and bought a 5'2". Still with the 5'2" I get whatever I paddle onto wether there are long boarders, kayaks, SUP, boats, no matter what jejeje

Comment

I'm 170lbs, onshore. maybe a little less at the moment, but surfing in full rubber.

Comment

thanks for replies guys, being in wales i'm also in full rubber, although the 4/3 should be out next surf (can't wait) looks like i'm getting the 5.4 then :-)

Comment

Good choice buddy

Comment

good stuff everyone!

Comment

Just picked up my 5.4 FST Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet potato, thanks for all the advice guys! Quick question though, i've seen a couple of pick with the deck grip right at the back of the board, further than i usually stick my pads, and a lot of people saying you have to have your feet right back. So would it be best not to use a pad at all?

Comment

i think its good to at least have that kick tail so you know where your foot is.

Comment

how far back should i put it back then so i get it in the right place?

Comment

right against the leash plug

Comment

Million percent agreed!!
                        Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                        i think its good to at least have that kick tail so you know where your foot is.

Comment

nice one guys, thats where i usually put it anyway, i just saw a pic on another thread where the guy had put it past the leash plug, guess i'm getting the hair dryer out tomorrow ready for monday :-)

Comment

should be a nice bit of wind slop about to try it on.

The long range forecast continues to look abysmal :(

Comment

yeah, its been a long time since i looked forward to 2ft messy waves :-) cant wait till tomorrow LOL

Comment

thanks for the feedback everyone.

yeah i love a pad. some of the guys in the office buy longboard pads and cut them to fit the tail as well. this allows you to get your pad and foot WAY back.

No kick on those pads though...

Comment

Working...
                                X