Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put it waaaaay back.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/84b99c84.jpg

Comment

hello guys , i m french and live near sea ( biarritz) and i want a board for small and smooth waves . I thought buying an sp but i dont know what size .........
      I m 90 kg and have a intermediate level ( i do a lot of bodyboard on our slab ).what size can i purchase to have an easy take off and an easier progress in surf?

thanks a lot

I m sorry for my bad english.

Comment

Hey Loris, how often do you surf?
        For your weight I would consider the 5'4"-5"6"
        Now if I were you I would take a look at the potatonator as well if you are into looking to progress and push your surf a bit further on small waves

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
          Hey Loris, how often do you surf?
          For your weight I would consider the 5'4"-5"6"
          Now if I were you I would take a look at the potatonator as well if you are into looking to progress and push your surf a bit further on small waves

thanks for the reply , i surf 2 to 10 times per month when conditions are good BUT the last 2 years i ve done only bodyboarding. Before bodyboard i ve done a lot of surf and have an intermediate level.
          I want to find a board for small summer wave .

Comment

just found a cool vid on vimeo thought you guys looking at a sweet p may be interested,

http://vimeo.com/31323888

Comment

How's your Sweet P going Suncoast?
              Nice little pulse we had today (Sunday).

Comment

Hey cuttle, only got a few days to get into it, in that last swell period we had before it died,,,,,
                (cant believe how flat it s been), but i suppose we were due for it after such a good run of waves,

First impressions, waves with some push the sweet p lights up, waves with lack of push i'm struggling to get it moving, probably just need some more sessions on it to sort it out,

Interestingly in the smaller gutless waves, i had no problem getting onto waves, just finding drive and speed was the problem. The sweet p felt like i was riding a container ship, actually felt like i could have ridden a smaller version, in the 3-4" moffs i scored for a few days in that last swell, the 5'8 felt great under foot.

no missed sunday(shift work) was there a few around? keen to let it rip again we get some swell

suncoast

Comment

I took my 10 yr old daughter down for a surfing lesson and lo and behold the corner at Alex had some great looking chest high, clean ones coming through consistently.
                  Only had a 6' kneeboard and my 4'2" prone (pu) board so I took the kneeboard out for a paddle.
                  Unfortunately the Sunday longboard crew were working rotation on any and everything so only the odd scrap left for me.
                  Back to surfing lessons provided me with more stoke.

Comment

ohh man....longboard gangs are like biker gangs...

Comment

• Jajajaja!!!

Comment

• Here's some Indo fins controller copies.
                        Haven't tried them yet.
                        Need to sand one of the tabs to get them to sit flush.
                        The front fins are a lot more flexible than the Futures genuine article but the rear fins are stiff.
                        Akin to glass flex fins in the front fins flex.
                        However since the fins are in a small wave board the flex could actually be a real positive.
                        Attachment Attachment
                        Here's some shots to show the flex.
                        Attachment Attachment
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by cuttlefish; 06-03-2012, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• Seems to me that those front fins are missing a bit of rake compared to the original controllers...or could be the angle of the pic

Comment

• I'll be interesting in your feedback on these Pete. If they are mind blowingly better in the SP than anything else I might have to order myself a set. Maybe not in orange though :P

Comment

• Buy them PRJ...you'll like em.
                              Only got 5 high tide 2'ers to test the Indo fins on this morning but I'll concur with Mirks.
                              I liked the speed out of the gate and easy looseness with these fins compared to the Stretch's in the same kind of waves.
                              Definitely THE fins to have in the spud when its smaller.
                              I reckon I'll still use the Stretchs when its bigger or put in a rakier rear fin with the front Indo fins to gain hold in the tail if needed.
                              Last edited by cuttlefish; 06-05-2012, 04:55 AM. Reason: DOH!

Comment

• By the look of the forecast I may not be riding the spud again for a couple of days.
                                Hopefully too big for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X