post pics of your sweet p or potatonator,

any deck art?

sprays?

deck grip setups?

cheers

Attachment
    Attached Files

Comment

I'm thinking of just cutting the tail kick off a deck pad and putting that right at the back of the SP so I know my foot is in the zone. What do you reckon to that!?

Comment

What's up with all that cutting and sawing???;)
        I have a creatures of leisure and is pretty comfy for my flat feet

Comment

Ha! You know me...

Actually the centre part of the pad on my Sub Scorcher peeled up over the weekend so I replaced just the centre part with the Ace Buchan Gorilla Grip. Because of that I've still got the sides with the tail kick attached. I figure I could save myself 30 by just using that. I wanted to go with no pad but it's good to have something to jam the knee into duck diving to protect the deck and it's good to know your foot is in the right spot too.

I've got the same pad on my CBD as the one that peeled so I'm going to be pissed if that one peels up as well...

Comment

I guess too much excitement... let them glue properly before getting those boards in the water!!!!;).
            I can't surf without pad, I can't seem to find my back foot in place, besides they tail kick does wonders!!!.I recknow only the tal kick with wax will work...but the whole pad looks sexier!

Comment

I (nearly) always leave the pad at least a day before surfing, sand the area before I stick it on, warm the glue with a hair drier, apply plenty of pressure while sticking...

The Billabong pads I used were discounted on pretty much every online shop and I think they are discontinued. The foam deck grip had a plastic film stuck to the back and the glue was applied to that rather than directly to the pad and it was the plastic film peeling away from the pad and not an issue with the glue bond to the board. I think the pad was at fault and not my application. That's why I'm worried about the other board too.

I'll see how I feel with the Potato, it could end up with a full pad.

Comment

ha my last 3 boards I have surfed about 45 mins after the pad went on it. you have true will power prj.

Comment

It's just the waves usually suck here, especially when someone buys a new board. It's rare I get to surf a board the day I buy it!

Comment

i have ace pads at the moment...i've put em on next to the break and gone in within seconds...still on....

Comment

Yeah they seem like solid pads. Grippy too. I think the Billabong pad I had on there is at fault. Never seen another deck grip with plastic film between the pad and glue.

Comment

best grip i've used is the fcs T-2......the ace is similar but not as chunky in the arch unfortunately...but its always in stock.....

my board is at a freight depot an hour away...online says "problem with shipment"...just rang and everyone at the depot who can help me just left...FAR OUT...what next..!!..

Comment

You're having a stinker with that one. Hopefully everything changes once you get your hands on it!

Comment

Hey Mr prjwebb, your quiver is very similar to mine. Just curious, what board to you take out most often?

Comment

Mostly the Sub Scorcher. I've been trying to hold off surfing the CBD Taj until the waves are good as I really want to get the feel of it in better waves first, but from my small experiences with it so far it feels like it would almost go in anything that wasn't Potato territory.
                              I haven't really used the Spitfire since I bought the Sub because it's been winter and if the waves have been too small or slack for the Sub then I haven't been going in. It might end up for sale once I get the Potato in hand because there's not really conditions that would be too big or punchy for the Potato and too small or weak for the Sub if you get me. Super fun board but I've got to be as practical as I can with my quiver. I'll see how it feels when I take it out next.

Comment

Working...
                              X