X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi A Vern,

I have a 5"6 and regularly ride it in head high waves, its a lot of fun. If the waves are pitching i.e. A low tide beachie or point, for me its a little tricky. However, having seen the video which you posted ,dont worry thats sweet p country. They re great when you have a fat wall to lacerate. I use contoller fins from futures and reckon that they are great. However, i d love to try the new rasta fins. Whether you prefer a 5"6 or 5"8 is a personal thing and depends on your prefered volume....if you re comfortable with the volume, the length will not be an issue.

Comment

Potato/dominator playground

Comment

Thanks all,

JaM71, how how much do you weigh and what's your height. I'm really leaning towards the 5'6". Iggy, I think your right about the Potatonamtor for this day, but this video was taken on an above average day. The usual around here is 2-3 foot wind slop. The SP did well with a North swell we had last weekend, it flew down the line, just felt heavy when hitting the lip or on cutbacks.

Originally posted by JaM71 View Post
        Hi A Vern,

I have a 5"6 and regularly ride it in head high waves, its a lot of fun. If the waves are pitching i.e. A low tide beachie or point, for me its a little tricky. However, having seen the video which you posted ,dont worry thats sweet p country. They re great when you have a fat wall to lacerate. I use contoller fins from futures and reckon that they are great. However, i d love to try the new rasta fins. Whether you prefer a 5"6 or 5"8 is a personal thing and depends on your prefered volume....if you re comfortable with the volume, the length will not be an issue.

Comment

BTW here's the fins I ran it today which worked well in 1-2'. Fronts are carbon G-TF1 and rears are gxq's.
          First time I rode the 5'8" in 4' plus waves I had these fronts with M5 rears.
          Attachment
          Here's a link to see the front fins alongside other similar fins.
          In the link they are TF1's.
          http://www.tomahawk-customs.de/surfshop/fcs/
          Attached Files
          Last edited by cuttlefish; 04-26-2012, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Hi a vern,

I am 41, 74kg and 178cm. I really think that volume is apersonal thing dependent on the individuals experienc and body. I am quite fit but my glutes, hamstrings and back are pretty stiff so my pop up is not as quick as it could be. I compensate this with a bit of extra foam. When i bought the sweet p 12 months ago i was 80kg so could drop to a 5"4 now but quite like the foam for grovel. I can surf 29 to 34 litre boards ok, 36 litres are very comfortable anything above is extremely comfortable. The only way to be sure is ride differnet sizes and boards......then there are fins ha! It never ends, i think that the 5'6 or 5'8 will be fine for you, just comes down to your personal variables and how fit you are. Hope this helps.

Comment

great words Jam. the final decision on a board is definitely influenced by each unique person...

Comment

Working...
              X