X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweet p limit

Hey just wondering what the largest surf you sweet p guys have been out in that the board has still performed well in?

Hi Suncoastslop, Remember the swell over easter? I surfed mine on high tide beachies a couple of those days which would have been head high plus. I frothed about it in a post on here somewhere. It was so much fun and i seriously believe that on one backhand wave i went the fastest i have ever been on a surfboard in my life. I use futures controller fins which are a big fin and would have helped that day for sure.

Comment

Jam71 yup i remember, remember watching it on coastalwatch from work....spewing, good info though is it a complete pig in any thing other then high tide or is it still manageable ?

Comment

I rode a RP 6'2" in 8 foot Beacons north of San Diego. It was a demo and I thought it was going to be a complete disaster as I had never ridden such a weird little thing in a good sized swell.

The board was amazing. Never lost an edge, never slid out and the speed, my god the speed!!!

I had so much speed and rail to rail control that I could literally go anywhere on the wave I wanted. Huge figure 8 round houses were a breeze and when doing a floater I had so much drive I shot out of the water and flew farther than I have since I was a 14 year old light weight.

Of coarse the 6'2" is too big for the little stuff it was created for, but it was a great board for that day.

Comment

agreed with above, you can ride it in pretty good sized surf (head high plus), but it is probably too fast.

Comment

Suncoastslop, as the guys mentioned they don't spin out but they absolutely fly which could be an issue i guess. There is plenty of rail line so you can jam them forcefully. I prefer mine in fatter waves but others may differ.

Comment

Agreed here, on fatter waves this board excels. The steeper it gets the trickier. The flatter rocker and thicker tail makes it quite challenging on vertical surfing

Comment

yeah well said everyone. I tend to put my potato on the shelf if its consistently over chest high...

Comment

yeah stomach and under for me

Comment

last day i was out with potato.. wish i surfed the dom but didn't want to go back to truck.. razor i think wouldve worked too

http://www.surfli.com/ca/CA.html

Comment

Head high and above on point waves.
                      Autumn here is a good time to find the limits.

Comment

Originally posted by kdropin View Post
                        last day i was out with potato.. wish i surfed the dom but didn't want to go back to truck.. razor i think wouldve worked too

http://www.surfli.com/ca/CA.html
                        Looks like potato material 100%. Fun !!

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
                          Looks like potato material 100%. Fun !!
                          was fun and was able to catch everything.. the sets were def. shortboardable though

Comment

That looks bloody frigid!
                            I'd want no part of that.
                            I kid you not one of the locals was saying to me "It's looks a bit cold out there" as I'd worn a 1mm top to stop the stiff Southerly that was blowing but the water is still 24C.
                            Thank the powers that be I'm able to surf in boardshorts most of the year.
                            Last edited by cuttlefish; 04-29-2012, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Still enjoying my hooded 5/4 here. Actually regressed back to boots yesterday because air was down to 6C. I thought it was supposed to be warming up by now? Water still only 11C at best.

Comment

Working...
                              X