X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• building speed

Hi rode the sweet in 1 ft clean beach break today, sweet p performed well but was struggling to find the speed in the board which i have felt in larger waves, does the sweet p need a wave with some push to bring out the speed or is it just operator error? ie: feet positioning any suggestions?

naaa, I think its a matter of foot placement. This boards needs to be ridden with your back foot waaay in the back

Comment

same conditions again today, sweet p struggled for speed again, in the 1 ft beachies almost felt like to much board/ mal type feel under foot, think this board definitely needs a wave with some push, not fat one footers

Comment

I demod one in full high tide, waist high gentle peelers. Found it slow and wondered what all the hype was about. Adjusted my footing, BAM ridiculous speed and so much fun, ordered one for myself as soon as i could.

Comment

yeah suncoast slop. Its a super fast board. Its important, however to remember that if the waves are weak and 1 foot, it may be just too small. I think getting used to the board takes time, so does riding something so short, but once you get that experience, i think you'll agree its fast.

In soft 1 foot waves, i would have some trouble as well, but its would be my go to board because the only other option would be to step on to a longboard..

Cheers

Comment

yup rode the sweet in 3-4" point waves recently and the board had speed to burn(waves had push) just need to work it out in the super small stuff, my kick on the tail pad is just in front of the leash plug and im feeling the kick, but when you guys talk about foot right back are you talking about your foot on or around the leash plug?

Cheers

Comment

Nah sounds like your foot is in the spot. Just try leaning more over that back foot. The more you push from the back foot the more alive it comes.

Comment

I think there is a limit. If its clean with a decent ramp or takeoff I can ride it well in knee to thigh. If its sloppy in the same size range and dumpy without a decent ramp I don't have much fun. Generally when conditions are that small and poor ill pull out my log, or paddle board. Good longboard conditions = good potato conditions. I find myself surfing good small waves much better than the Longboarders. They might get into the small waves a bit easier but I can out perform them in knee to thigh. That's why I got the board. I've had some amazing days in good small conditions. Some long boarders have even inquired about the board saying that can't believe how well it rips small waves. Again though, it has a limit but at that size wave I problably wouldn't bother going out.

Comment

Working...
                X