X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fin Question for SP

So my buddy just loned me some H2 fins to try with my SP and was wondering if anyone has compared the H2's with e MRTX fins. Will the MRTX fins be more drivey and the H2's have more control?

Just curious.

The increased cant of the H2s create a lot of lift and speed while turning, but they'd be slower when going straight down the line I think. The MRTFX will be faster down the line but I don't expect them to tun as tight at as high speed as the H2s. The H2s could be interesting in the SP!

Comment

Yeah, I am going to try it out tonight maybe. We shall see as it is Mothers Day weekend and the festivities are running all day for a 2-3 day event. We shall see.

Comment

yeah i think the H2s will feel a little more high perforance, think speed and drive. the MR fins, in my opinion, create a retro-like pivot. Still good, just a ride from a different generation...

the best thing you can do is to try them and see which ones resonate with your approach more.

Cheers and hope this helps

Comment

hwork 50 did you try the MR TRX fins in your SP? If so how did you like them?

Comment

I like the SP with the MRTX fins but I feel like it needs to be looser and that I am kinda restricted with those fins. I may need to get some INDO fins for it.

Comment

Just rode the 5'8" with Indo fronts and Stretch rears in 3-4" clean, point waves.
              OMG!
              I've only used the Indos in small stuff and knew that I'd want more hold in the rear fins when it was bigger.
              Yet again....OMG!
              They feel awesome.

Comment

I am going to have to try that. I have some Indo fronts but no rears and I have the Stretch rears. How does it compare with all Indo? I rode the MRTX today and it went amazing, making sections my buddies in the water were not making.

Comment

I reckon the Indo fronts and stretch rears will blow your mind. everyones different but they feel so fast straight from the take off.
                  The Indo full set feel good in small waves. But I was out in 3-4" point waves so looking for hold in full speed cutbacks. Hence the use of the stretch rears. Should be able to get good hold out of most rakier templated rear quad fins. Some prefer flat sided rear quads as opposed to the double foiled rears like the stretches.

Comment

Hey cuttle you got a pic of that setup?, are the indo fcs much different to future controllers, just wondering if i should try a rear fin swap, as im not feeling the spud at the moment with the future controller setup

Comment

Took out the SP today in some really small stuff but had the H-2 FCS fins in front and the MRTX rears in the back. It went great and I had a lot more maneuverability. Good times!

Comment

Here's the Indo fronts with stretch rears.
                        Hwork, I've also been thinking of trying some large rears teamed with smaller fronts.
                        Love tweaking.
                        Attachment
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nice!

Comment

When its small the stretch rears have too much area and hold so make the board feel less lively.
                            So back to full Indo set for small stuff.
                            Still have to trial a set of GXQs flat sided fins in the rears with the front Indos.

Comment

Here is my SP fin setup.

Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X