X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet P Weight

Does anyone know the actual weights between 5 8 Sweet Potato FST & RF? I know it's trivial But I'm fussy in that respect. I'm assuming the RF would be lighter?

Cheers JB

I have had one of each in 508. I reguarly weigh my boards so I can tell how much water they might be taking on if i ding them. Also good for early warning with things like little cracks around the fin boxes that you would not otherwise notice.

I think each individual board may be different, but here is what my ones weighed.(weight includes tail pad)
    Sweet Potato FST 508. No Fins, No wax 3.777.
    Sweet Potato RF 508. No Fins, No wax 3.267

Comment

Thanks!!!
      Do they have the she tail pad???.Did you wighted without fins?

Comment

Awesome! Thanks so much for that. :)

Comment

Hi Iggy,
          Weight does include a normal tail pad - about 70g.

Fins and wax are not included.
          THanks
          David

Comment

Originally posted by DGR View Post
            Hi Iggy,
            Weight does include a normal tail pad - about 70g.

Fins and wax are not included.
            THanks
            David
            How did you find the weight and flex characteristics between the fst and rf?

Comment

Hi Jon,
              I owned a RF for 2 months, then replaced it with an FST, then went back to RF as soon as possible ( 1 month) due to lack of performance in smaller waves. For me The FST went ok in bigger waves but was majorly lacking in accelaration and general livelyness in smaller, Knee to waist, high waves. When I got my RF back it was everything I expected.

My other boards are FST and I am completely happy with them. For me the potato is about small surf and I think the extra weight of the FST potato that I owned is not good in this area.

Comment

Working...
              X