X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got me new Sweet Potato, Pictures inside

After a month of waiting, I finally got my 5'10" Sweet Potato yesterday. Installed my fins last night, now I am stoked!!! I got the board for a smokin deal from a very close friend who owns a surfshop that sells a lot of FW, so he gave me a smokin deal. Come to think of it, I got the front fins on clearance at a Hobie store and the rears on Ebay (they were a smokin deal because, even know the discription said they were FCS RTM fins, the picture was so blurry that you couldn't really tell, so I ended up getting $50 fins for $25 shipped/no tax!!).

I ended up with the FCS MRTRX fronts (blue) and FCS GXQ (red rears) as suggested by so many posters here. I know the fins don't match and maybe kind of weird to have a pair of CI logo fins on a FW, but oh well.

Here are some pictures:

Attachment Attachment Attachment
    Attached Files

something I notice about this board vs my Spitfire, the spit is a more glossy/shiny finish (not like a polished board, but more so than this sanded sweet) and also the balsa on the spit is much darker. Did FW change how they manufacture the boards?

Also, the rocker is very very similar to the Spit, and is identical to my Gary Hanel quad fish, and since I love how fast that board is, I can just tell that this board is going to go well.

Comment

You're gonna love this board! Just surfed my 5'6" today in head high slop and it hauled ass like a rocket!

Comment

Interesting setup you have there!!

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
          Interesting setup you have there!!
          Interesting fin colors, or wrong fin combo?

Comment

woo woo!!

how does that combo ride??

Comment

Was out of town for the weekend, looks like now there is no surf worthy of paddling out. Shaping up for a perfect midnight surf in a couple of days, 4+ so probably take out my spitfire instead. Surfing under a full moon on an unfamiliar board, probably not the smartest thing for me to do.

Hope to pick up traction pad today for the SP.

Originally posted by Chris View Post
              woo woo!!

how does that combo ride??

Comment

Hey Barney, you have this board and ride it with that fin set up? how does it go, looking to put Mrtx in mine. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by barney View Post
                  Was out of town for the weekend, looks like now there is no surf worthy of paddling out. Shaping up for a perfect midnight surf in a couple of days, 4+ so probably take out my spitfire instead. Surfing under a full moon on an unfamiliar board, probably not the smartest thing for me to do.

Hope to pick up traction pad today for the SP.
                  Are you serious..surfing at midnight??? Where do you live?

Comment

midnight surf is the best. i hope u get it good. i do Waikiki for mines, full moon, hotel and street lights. noseriding silhouettes r pretty cool.

Comment

sick board! midnight surfing is always challenging! haha!

Comment

Working...
                      X