Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah makes sense. Looking at the area of the Controllers compares to my proposed H2 + K2.1 fronts set up the Controllers are coming in at 30.3"2 and the H2+K2.1 at 30.7"2.
    The Controllers have 18.2" of that in the front fins though where as the H2 and K2.1 are pretty evenly spread with just over 15" in each.

I'm pretty much going to have to get some controllers just so I know if I'm missing out though aren't I...

Comment

Thanks iggy, I was thinking chin strap device, but I might have to try a device like yours with one of those lanyard things. Might look a little better then the chin strap

Comment

Well Pete, pulled the trigger on a set of Indo Controllers. H2s are up for sale. Too much drag on take offs for me. They feel like the lift the back end up the board up more than they propel it forward. I've been getting super frustrating trying to make them work, to the point of having enough all together haha. Hopefully the added cant on the Controllers won't give me similar issues. I'm going to try the fibreglass K2.1 set and the SF4 set while I'm waiting for the Controllers and I'll sell whatever ends up not being THE SET.
        I was contemplating keeping the K2.1 set anyway for the Mini Driver, but I think the Powerbase DLs take some beating in my shortboards and the fibreglass K2.1s are pretty heavy. Especially the rear fin.

Originally posted by cuttlefish View Post
        Hi PRJ,
        Just read your comments about the H2's elsewhere....ahem.
        That dragging feeling in the small stuff is what I was getting out of a number of fin sets I've tried on my sweet potato in smaller waves.
        No issue when it's a decent size BUT the small stuff is supposed to be the sweet potatoes forte.
        We've all got other boards to ride in decent waves.
        So....when I put the Indo controllers into my board in small stuff....zoom....straight from the takeoff effortless speed.
        Pull the trigger already.
        Lol!

Comment

To quote Hancock:
          "Good job".

Comment

Lets hope they live up to the hype!

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
              Well Pete, pulled the trigger on a set of Indo Controllers. H2s are up for sale. Too much drag on take offs for me. They feel like the lift the back end up the board up more than they propel it forward. I've been getting super frustrating trying to make them work, to the point of having enough all together haha. Hopefully the added cant on the Controllers won't give me similar issues. I'm going to try the fibreglass K2.1 set and the SF4 set while I'm waiting for the Controllers and I'll sell whatever ends up not being THE SET.
              I was contemplating keeping the K2.1 set anyway for the Mini Driver, but I think the Powerbase DLs take some beating in my shortboards and the fibreglass K2.1s are pretty heavy. Especially the rear fin.
              Can you please explain a bit more about fins "dragging" on take off. I have always been more focused on fins performance at speed and never really thought about how they are behaving on take off other than hold in a steep wave. I have been surfing the Elf alot and when I change to the Pnator I am thinking the board wants to stick instead of accelerate over probably the last paddle stroke despite the Pnator being 5 litres more in volume. I put it down to the Elfs flat rocker and wide point forward and haven't considered fins yet-maybe I should

Thanks

Comment

Not sure what it is other than the feeling. Maybe too much fin area as it comes into contact with the waves energy?

Comment

could be part of it, some fins just work better in different boards. this of how the angle of the fin changes as a board is turned, then think of how differently a potato turns when compared to a Michel Bourez board. just food for thought...

Comment

Working...
                  X