X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fin set up for 6' 0" Sweet Potato

I purchased a 6' 0" Sweet Potato Rapidfire with Futures fin set up.

What fins do you reccomend for Intermediate (surf 3-5 times a week), 225lbs, 42 y.o., I will surf local San Diego beach break 2-3 ft with this board.

Your input would be appreciated
    Thanks!

Controllers get a lot of good feedback. Maybe a large SA set?

Comment

yeah the Solus fins with the leading side bites and a quad trailing set is a favorite in house here as well...

Comment

That sounds a bit tech! I love the look of Futures but they confused me with their vector foil and vector II foil, different constructions for flex in different places and different names for the same template in fcs. I like what they are doing though. Seems like more R&D and progression than just pumping out subtle template changes with a pro's signature on them. 90 a set over here though makes it hard to convert...
        I'm keen to give them a go though. Every time I'm in my local shop I'm fondling the Fin Tree. Was surprised by how light they are!

Comment

A good set

I've had a 6'2" for awhile and like this combo: scimitar quad <http://www.futuresfins.com/fin-detail.php?similarfins=true&id=155> w/ the longer pivots <http://www.futuresfins.com/fin-detail.php?similarfins=true&id=155>. The board's a bit squirrely for an older guy, but it SCREAMS once it's on a rail!

Comment

Hey pismo, what are your dimensions and how do you find the 6'2??

Comment

I'm about 90kg in the wetsuit, 5'11", and 60 yr old.
              Surf about 3-4X weekly winters, nearly every day in summer.
              Had to order the board (in California)... worth the wait!

Comment

Chris- Not sure what this setup is... can you break it down a little more? Thanks!

Comment

Really like the controllers on that one!!!. Tried the elevons but somehow they don't feel right

Comment

I've been riding a 5'6 SP fst for a month now. I use the controllers for knee high to 4 feet and I use the Simon Anderson quads for 4-6 feet. The controllers are not squirrely even for a 50 year old 170 pound intermediate. The large SA's just give you better hold when it's bigger. Just remember you ride this board off your back foot. It's really fast until you get used to the speed so don't be surprised if you feel like your trying to catch up to your board the first day you ride it... Just relax and enjoy catching every wave you try for!

Comment

good feedback waxer. thanks of the words.

Comment

yeah the Solus fins with the leading side bites and a quad trailing set is a favorite in house here as well...

Hey Chris can you break this setup down for me (above)... I'm not comprehending this one...Thanks!

Comment

love to know the breakdown as well as I have solus fins

Comment

Bigger potatoes require bigger fins IMO.
                            I tried the Solus with quad trailer on my potato and it felt kinda slow. It almost feels like the V foil on the fins is countering the double concave on the bottom.

The best setup so far that I've tried are Jordy L front with any rear trailer bigger than 4" If Large is too big for you, Futures will have S and M Jordys out soon!

ALOHA!!

Comment

The ELEVONS go really nice on my sweet potato

Comment

Working...
                              X