Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went down in the end last night. It was infact waist to chest, pretty weak and not quite enough to get my Spitfire going apart from the odd gem that came through every 20 minutes or so, even without a leash... Would have been muchos fun on the Potato. Instead I spent most of the session watching the longboarders catching waves! Redemption will come soon!

Comment

the end is upon us

Comment

Attachment

went with an FCS. turned out pretty nice!
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice!

Attachment

Yahoooo
          Attached Files

Comment

You are going to love the SP! Just remember it's really fast when you first step on the tail so hold on ;-)

Comment

Haha yeah, always fun. I demo'd one in clean waist to chest peeler and had a blast but haven't had mine out in anything favourable yet so been struggling a bit. Still fun, but looking forward to a day of good conditions.

Running the DL fronts with K2.1 rears. Haven't had anything to really feel the board out yet but fins feel like they give enough drive but still release well. Will update as I get more time on it.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                Nice!

Attachment

Yahoooo
                I think I am starting to get itchy feet but PR..tell us about surfing in the UK? Did you see this gem http://vimeo.com/14074949 Its got me wanting to head to Ireland to get a few !!
                Attached Files

Comment

Yeah that's a good little video. Mickey Smith is from near by but spends most of his time in Ireland now or on photo trips to other places. Certainly put his time in in heavy situations to get where he is today. Good chap.

The UK is overall very fickle. Even when the swell is there we usually get a ton of wind in behind it, our tide range is pretty large, biggest tides range from -0.2m lows up to 7.8m highs, but often in the 0.1m - 6.6m range. So even if the waves are on the fast moving tide uncovers the banks and fills in too much pretty quick. There's a few good reef set ups around but they are even more fickle than the beaches and if they are on it's usually hard to get a wave because all the local pro's are in it trying to get a few mag shots.

Ireland looks great for potential. I've never been, but I hear Autumn time can be amazing, before things get too cold! Lots of good point and reef set ups, and not too many surfers. That said I expect it's getting busier every year because Ireland is being heavily publicised these days. Scotland looks interesting too if you can face the cold.
                  Personally if I'm going on a surf trip it has to be at least somewhere warmer than home. 3/2mm or shorts!

Also, so far this year I don't think the North Atlantic is playing ball. We've had strong onshores almost constantly and I can't remember the last swell we had where the period was over 10 seconds.

I'm thinking about a trip to Senegal!

Comment

Working...
                  X