Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost bottom feeder vs sweet potato

Has anybody ridden both these boards ?

How do they compare?

Well no one replied to my post so I went out and bought a bottom feeder to find out for myself how the board stacked up. Not as fast as the sweet but caught waves easier and felt smoother and easier to handle on rail , a lot of fun as is the sweet P , a different spice to keep things interesting.
    So can you guys at firewire make me one in that new white rapid fire tec Please ?

Comment

Hah the bottom feeder isn't one of the ones that will make its way over to the Firewire technologies....fun looking shape though.

Comment

if you could only have one, would it be the sweet potato or bottom feeder?

Comment

That is a very hard call to make. To hard cant make it. For me the length and the volume of the bottom feeder may give the board the edge because I prefer a little more length with a little less volume. My SP is 5,6 volume 38 plus litres my Bottom Feeder is 35.7 at 5,8 in length.

Comment

i already have a sweet potato, is a magic board.
            i just have problems when waves push and aren't mushy. so i'm gonna buy a bottom feeder cause i can use it when is a bit bigger for potato but small for my shortboards like rat boy m10.

Comment

I think the BP is the call rather then the Lost BF, you should try it.

Better then the SP, plus 5 fin option for greater flexibility.

Comment

That is good call Jack, I use my SP when it is soft but once their is a touch more power and a pocket to carve into I use the bottom Feeder.
                But could not help myself got a 5,5 BP in white RF coming this week if this board can grovel with high speed and can be pushed harder on rail than the SP then well we will wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                  But could not help myself got a 5,5 BP in white RF coming this week if this board can grovel with high speed and can be pushed harder on rail than the SP then well we will wait and see.
                  Can do all you have just asked. Great board super FAST, and twitchy (with Controllers)

Comment

Sweet sounds like one more sick board to add to the collection.

Comment

Yea, just what we all need, more boards to add to our quivs.

I have 2 more planned for next year, oh my.

Comment

Hey Rusty,

Really curious to get your feedback of how the baked potato compares to the bottom feeder!

Comment

Hey Scotty

Been away in Morocco so have not surfed the BP much . So cant really compare the two yet . I can say the BP is very fast like the SP but feels more twitchy and loose I think I need some time to figure the board out , I have the SP wired and find the board to be very high performance and the BP looks to be even more so, crazy. The BF is a lot easier board to surf and can handle a little more size and is better on rail than the SP and BP but the board is not as fast and does not have the same amount of down the line drive so not as easy to make sections. The SP and BP have more X factor about them but they can run a bit hot and cold ie you need to have more time to dial them in ,where the BF is more user friendly ie would suit an intermediate surfer more where the SP and BP would suit a more advanced surfer to get the most out of them.

Comment

Awesome comparison - thanks so much! I think I'm going to end up getting a Potatonator first, and I'll see how that is working in 1-3 surf. You're right about the "X Factor" lol, the Sweet Potato particularly looks insane - totally unique surfing experience. I definitely need to try the Sweet and Baked at some point.

Comment

Working...
                            X